How good is onboard wifi now on Zaandam?

CaptJerry51

Sailing the Zaandam 16 days Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego through the Panama Canal embarking 1/5/23.  I chose the "Have It All" promo which includes wifi.  My last sailing was in 2018 on the Veendam and the wifi was so bad that I have never bought it.  How much better is it now?  Good coverage throughout the ship?  Adequate speed downloading?  Maybe it is better on the larger, newer ships, but I love this class of ship.

My plan is to use it to connect my smartphone and stream Pandora music while onboard.  Check email.  Maybe do some more online research of ports, but I should have done most of that already before embarkation.  That's about it.  Pandora will be the biggest thing for use on sea days - 8 of them.

Will I be satisfied or disappointed?

If I will be disappointed, I would like to know so that I can load music onto my phone for use without wifi.

Also, apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere recently.

19 minutes ago, MNJerry said:

Sailing the Zaandam 16 days Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego through the Panama Canal embarking 1/5/23.  I chose the "Have It All" promo which includes wifi.  My last sailing was in 2018 on the Veendam and the wifi was so bad that I have never bought it.  How much better is it now?  Good coverage throughout the ship?  Adequate speed downloading?  Maybe it is better on the larger, newer ships, but I love this class of ship.

My plan is to use it to connect my smartphone and stream Pandora music while onboard.  Check email.  Maybe do some more online research of ports, but I should have done most of that already before embarkation.  That's about it.  Pandora will be the biggest thing for use on sea days - 8 of them.

If I will be disappointed, I would like to know so that I can load music onto my phone for use without wifi.

On that itinerary you should be fine.   I would download music anyway however.    You may experience a short period of poor connectivity and having your music on the phone would avoid any interruptions.  

• 3 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 11:17 AM, CaptJerry51 said: