Hi

I am considering doing a transatlantic from the UK (into Port Canaveral). I've got it all figured out in terms of embarkation needs for COVID-19 testing but what's confusing me totally is what needs to happen and where it will happen when I enter the US.

Do I need to have done another test before disembarking and will the cruise line do this? I'm also ready some stuff that suggests I don't need to specifically for the US but only for my return flight destination (and currently the UK needs no testing either) so I may be free as a bird.

It's a bit perplexing. Once I figure out some other things I'll ask the cruise line (NCL) but I was curious what people knew.

1 hour ago, Fandomlife said:

Hi

I am considering doing a transatlantic from the UK (into Port Canaveral). I've got it all figured out in terms of embarkation needs for COVID-19 testing but what's confusing me totally is what needs to happen and where it will happen when I enter the US.

Do I need to have done another test before disembarking and will the cruise line do this? I'm also ready some stuff that suggests I don't need to specifically for the US but only for my return flight destination (and currently the UK needs no testing either) so I may be free as a bird.

It's a bit perplexing. Once I figure out some other things I'll ask the cruise line (NCL) but I was curious what people knew.

The USA does not routinely require COVID testing of passengers arriving on a cruise ship. Here's the CDC order that requires testing of international air passengers, and as you can see it does not apply to cruise passengers. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html#:~:text=Yes%2C at this time all,documentation of recovery unless exempted.

Does this Order apply to land border crossings or persons arriving at seaports?

No, the requirements of this Order only apply to air travel into the U.S.

Edited by njhorseman

On 5/15/2022 at 5:56 AM, Fandomlife said:

Hi

I saw this info on the NCL website regarding testing when disembarking. Not certain if it fully answers your question. You may need to contact the cruise line for all the info. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5159585eb2595cecd2c348ff92a5f023.jpeg