Tips for 14 day Alaskan Cruise Tour Packing

Gray Lady

We are going on our FIRST EVER cruise, and have made it a cruise tour! We are doing seven days on land first. We have done fairly well managing our excursions, but packing for land and sea is the big unknown. We are planning on bringing 3 suitcases, (yes, I know the charges with the airlines and the 50 pound limit) with one going to ship storage at the beginning of the land tour. I know to pack layers, but does anybody have any other tips for what to pack as far as clothes? I know we will be wearing the same things more than once, and this isn’t a “beauty contest.” There are no self laundry machines on board the ship. Thanks for your help.

As you mentioned, layers. The outer layer needs to be wind and waterproof. And pack for 7 days, not 14. Do laundry, either on the ship, or ashore.

By the way, this is commonly discussed on the Alaska board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/33-alaska/

If you dig deep over there,you might even find some packing lists.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

As you mentioned, layers. The outer layer needs to be wind and waterproof. And pack for 7 days, not 14. Do laundry, either on the ship, or ashore.

By the way, this is commonly discussed on the Alaska board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/33-alaska/

If you dig deep over there,you might even find some packing lists.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Gray Lady said:

Thank you!

We have to pay for any laundry done on board our ship…no coin machines; and the hotel we have booked towards the end of our land tour doesn’t have any laundry services. 

7 minutes ago, Gray Lady said:

We have to pay for any laundry done on board our ship…no coin machines; and the hotel we have booked towards the end of our land tour doesn’t have any laundry services. 

Not sure which cruise line you are on, but some have some great laundry package deals for a relatively cheap price. Holland America, for example.

47 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not sure which cruise line you are on, but some have some great laundry package deals for a relatively cheap price. Holland America, for example.

Thank you so much. Yes, we are on Holland America. Once we get on board, we can have them do laundry. That will be one less thing to worry about….the disembarkation self-proctored COVID test being the other. Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gray Lady said:

We are going on our FIRST EVER cruise, and have made it a cruise tour! We are doing seven days on land first. We have done fairly well managing our excursions, but packing for land and sea is the big unknown. We are planning on bringing 3 suitcases, (yes, I know the charges with the airlines and the 50 pound limit) with one going to ship storage at the beginning of the land tour. I know to pack layers, but does anybody have any other tips for what to pack as far as clothes? I know we will be wearing the same things more than once, and this isn’t a “beauty contest.” There are no self laundry machines on board the ship. Thanks for your help.

Howdy @Gray Lady emo22.gif

Your thread has been moved to a more correct forum.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif