Delta Cuts may raise fares from NY - FLA

GMoney

All I can say is who cares! I have flown to Florida many times from NYC and have always found Delta to have the absolute worst schedule for flights to Florida. They gave all of their good flights to Song. The Delta flights all seem to require a stopover or change of planes. It is not only Florida...do you know if you want to fly Delta to Bermuda, you have to fly to Boston to catch the flight..what a joke!

I have found that American and Continental offer the best schedules and non-stops to Florida from EWR, LGA and JFK so fly them and let Delta raise their fares!:cool:

I withing the past 2 weeks have booked a flight on Delta from JFK to MIA for our Nov cruise in the Navigator. It was $177.10pp round trip. The flight times were perfect (also knowing this could change). When I checked a week later the prices had increased & all but our flight had been removed. I guess we got lucky on this one. We are also flying in the day before so this will give us a bit of flexability.

Checked the Delta flights and ours has now been canceled - and the new flights just don't work! oh well - it isn't until October.

Anyone flying Delta, check you flights.

I have flights booked with Delta for Las Vegas in June and Miami for our cruises in September. These flights have been booked from the day the flights opened up on their website.

I went on the Delta website last night to check them, (which I do often), and all of them were changed. Plane sizes, times, and the worst, we lost our assigned seating on all of the flights.

I called Delta and the man who answered was a gem. He said "let me clean this mess up and see what we have". I had all our seating back in minutes, new flight itineraries on their website right then and there.

I was told they had just gone through a major rescheduling a week or so ago and the computers kick out the assigned seating. I was advised to check my tickets at least every two weeks or more.

This is one reason we are now going two days ahead of the cruise.

Spoke to some very nice people from Delta today who changed our bookings - We live in a small town sometimes it is difficult to get from point A to point B - Our morning flight out of town is almost booked up as of today and we only have a few airlines, so switching companies is normally not an option. Unfortunately getting out of Ft Lauderdale is even more difficult - we won't end up spending the extra day is there are no good morning flights - so its just as easy to come home the same day.

Glad I checked this thread - thanks!

gee = of course fares have cranked.

3 years ago you had Metrojet from USAir, Delta Express, regular Delta, USAir, Independence Air, United, and Spirit.

now, you have Delta, Spirit, Song [with what 3 flights a day?], USAir and Spirit. Everybody else is gone. There has probably a reduction of 40% in available seats.

The cruise lines have to be smarting from people simply be unable to get to the ships at ANY price. What good does it do have room for 60,000 people to cruise each week from Florida ports if there are only 40,000 total airline seats to florida each week? You will not likely get 20,000 to drive . . ..

erisagd, I have to disagree with you 100%.

The ships sailing from Florida are full of residents from florida, and from other SE States that drive to the port. I would say that very easily 20,000 people drive to the port each week vs. flying. Also yes only a limited amount of plane space each day, but also you have to realize that many people fly in a day or two early, and out a day or two later to get a more reasonable fare.

I have never had trouble getting an airline ticket to Florida for a reasonable price. You just have to be able to be flexible by about a day (ether come early or go home a day later.)

But another note, NORTHWEST Passengers, also watch yourself. Flight attendants AND Pilots my strike at any time starting on Wednesday (3/1/06), and this is in addition to the already striking Mechanics

that's why there are different horses Firefighter . . .. ;-)

we could NOT get RCCL to get us air for our cruise at ANY price - was sold out LAST MAY! - Cruise was last week.

Also, we had friends here in the NE who wanted to join us on our cruise, but the airfare [ for Feb] when they tried to book in Dec was more than the cabin price for the inside for the kids. ...

price is just as much of an issue as availability - and I disagree that 20,000 drive from FLORIDA for a cruise every week, Even if you add GA/SC/MS and AL to the mix, there just aint enuf people in those states.

All I can say is who cares! I have flown to Florida many times from NYC and have always found Delta to have the absolute worst schedule for flights to Florida. They gave all of their good flights to Song. The Delta flights all seem to require a stopover or change of planes. It is not only Florida...do you know if you want to fly Delta to Bermuda, you have to fly to Boston to catch the flight..what a joke!

I have found that American and Continental offer the best schedules and non-stops to Florida from EWR, LGA and JFK so fly them and let Delta raise their fares!:cool:

I am a frequent flier on American and have been for more years than I want to admit to.

I have been getting the worst cancellations, seating taken away, flights totally canceled, 8 hour layovers in Chicago to get from NY to Miami?????, a 10 minute time frame to get from one terminal in LAX to another to catch our plane, (have you ever been in the LAX airport?) and a price quote of $1500 per ticket to fly coach from NY to Vegas. I could charter a plane for that. This has been the norm with American Airlines for the last year or more. That is why I am now on Delta. It can't be any worse than American has become.

Archived