Is an extension of 10% voucher possible?

thedarklord

I'm trying to book a cruise for March '23 right now. I've got a 10% discount voucher in my account after an earlier cancelled cruise, but it's got a sail-by date of Dec 31st this year.
My PCC is saying that there's no way it can be extended for 3 months to allow me to use it. That NCL just flat out refuses to extend these vouchers at all. I just want to know really if that's true, and everyone is failing to get these things extended at all, or if it's worth me talking to someone else?

I got a voucher for a cruise cancelled in 2021.  Rebooked a similar itinerary for 2022, applied the voucher.  That cruise was cancelled.  Not only can I not use the voucher to rebook the same itinerary in 2023, I don't get anything for the second cancellation because you don't get additional vouchers, no matter how many cruises they cancel, if you haven't used any that you got from previous cruises.

Thought I was being smart to apply the coupon to that more expensive cruise - bad choice.  Had I used it, I would have gotten another.

If you haven't yet tried to use it and had the cruise cancelled - if they extend it for you for 3 months what becomes the extension limit?  How far out is NCL expected to extend them for people that didn't plan sooner?

@halluxI understand what you mean, they have to draw the line somewhere.
The frustration for us (which perhaps I should have mentioned in my original post, but didn’t want to confuse things!) is that our PCC was meant to apply it to a cruise last year which we sailed on in October but she didn’t.
I didn’t notice at the time that she hadn’t applied it - we booked on the day we received the cancel notice so she said she’d apply it the next day after it was in our account. That’s why I was hoping someone might say they’d made exceptions sometimes, but it feels like it’s a tough luck situation instead.