Visiting Costa Maya Port in Beginning of July

Cruisin333

Hi,

I'm looking for an excursion for my active family, including teenagers, when we are in Costa Maya at the beginning of July. As I understand it, the Lost Mayan Waterpark will not be open by then so know that isn't an option.  I haven't found much else.  Read about Maya Chan and Jamie's but was looking for something with a bit more to do (and we are NOT a fan of the ruins).  If no other options, would love to hear your take on these two places (Maya Chan and Jamie's).

All thoughts appreciated! 

27 minutes ago, Cruisin333 said:

Hi,

I'm looking for an excursion for my active family, including teenagers, when we are in Costa Maya at the beginning of July. As I understand it, the Lost Mayan Waterpark will not be open by then so know that isn't an option.  I haven't found much else.  Read about Maya Chan and Jamie's but was looking for something with a bit more to do (and we are NOT a fan of the ruins).  If no other options, would love to hear your take on these two places (Maya Chan and Jamie's).

I understand Maya Chan is closing July to October so you would need to check your date.

There are not a lot of activities in costa Maya beyond kayaks, bikes and boats out to reef to snorkel or fishing from boat or fly. There used to be Segway’s not sure if they are still available. Possibly check out Bacalar? 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

Learned that Maya Chan is closed in July and Jamie's is booked also (likely because Maya Chan is not an option).  Any ideas of other things to DO in Costa Maya?  Or places that you have visited and feedback (good or bad on those)?

43 minutes ago, Cruisin333 said:

Learned that Maya Chan is closed in July and Jamie's is booked also (likely because Maya Chan is not an option).  Any ideas of other things to DO in Costa Maya?  Or places that you have visited and feedback (good or bad on those)?

Posted suggestions above.

Keep in mind Mahahual is one long bay with a malecon (pedestrian way) that runs the length. Beach clubs are one after another, elbow to elbow and you will have access to the activities from any of them from third party vendors. You can choose PAYG or AI, although sadly beach clubs are favoring AI model to try and keep you at one location - better for them, not so good for sampling!

The only other beach clubs/small hotels restaurants are along a semi- made up road out of town, like Maya Chan. There is Almaplena, Hayhu, Maya Luna, Luna de Plata. You can check out websites but not sure any will be any more suited to teenagers than what you will find on malecon. Bacalar excursions may offer more options but it is a considerable ride away.

Also keep in mind this is sargassum season and it has been bad so far this year.

Edited by c-leg5

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 2:36 PM, Cruisin333 said:

Hi,

What did you wind up doing in Costa Maya in July?