Passport for teen? Help

emdia43

I know the rules changed in Dec 2005 so that passports are now required for travel to the Caribbean.....but does anyone know if this applies to teens. My grandson's friend wants to come on a last minute cruise to W Carib with us,but he doesn't have a passport and there's probably not enough time to get one (to cruise on 3/25) so I'm wondering if a birth certificate and drivers licence with Photo would be OK?:confused:

The rules have NOT changed...yet. The government postponed the rule-change implementation until 2007, for now. A birth certificate coupled with a driver's license is perfectly acceptable for the Caribbean.

Here's the official wording from the State Department's web site:

In the proposed implementation plan, which is subject to a period of initial public comment, the Initiative will be rolled out in phases, providing as much advance notice as possible to the affected public to enable them to meet the terms of the new guidelines. The proposed timeline will be as follows:

* December 31, 2006 – Requirement applied to all air and sea travel to or from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.

* December 31, 2007 – Requirement extended to all land border crossings as well as air and sea travel.

Consent for National/International Travel with Adult

I, (print full name)________________________________ am the lawful Guardian (Father/Mother)of ________________________________born on ____DATE_________in______CITY—AND—STATE____.

My child, __________________________, has my consent to travel with _____________and/or ________________ from ____________, to and from all locations; including but not limited to ________________________, from __DATE__________ to ___DATE________on ANY and ALL modes of Ground, Sea or Air Transportation.

In the event that my child requires medical treatment and I cannot be reached, __________________and/or _______________is(are) authorized to make medical decisions in my stead.

Any questions regarding this consent can be directed to me at this address:

Home Phone: (_____)

THIS CONSENT SIGNED ON_________________/2006_DATE

SIGNATURE OF PARENT

NOTARIZED_________________________

____________________________________ NOTARY

SEAL

One from each parent or modify form to include both parents on the same form.

Archived