MARDI GRAS BALCONY CABINS WITHOUT ROOFS?

ciship

We have booked an Ocean Suite on Deck 9 on Mardi Gras.  Just learned that our balcony will have no roof, thus no SHADE!  What the heck?  I am trying to find another cabin suite that has a roof on the balcony and have the deck plans pulled up, but that gives me no help at all?  Where are the Ocean Suite cabins with roofs on the balcony?

We were on deck 15 (15297) and had a roof but there isn’t much privacy. The balcony overlooks all those non-roofed cabins and we could see all the people in the corner type balconies. 

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, FWIW, I mildly prefer a balcony with no shade.

If someone doesn't suggest a known "shaded" Suite balcony, I suggest you check the deck plans and compare with the photos of the ship to see if you will have shade.

I've been looking at various deck plans for two days.  They don't show whether there is a roof or not.  So strange that Carnival would make balconies like this.  We will "fry" on our balconies if we don't have shade.

Sorry, can't really answer about suites, but the extended balcony rooms in the center of the ship are great!  We were in 10355.  With the deep balcony you can always be in the shade if you prefer.  You just move further back.  This also keeps you out of the rain if that happens.  We spent most of the three seas day just laying and relaxing on our balcony.  We have extended balconies booked on Mardi Gras and Celebration next year and Jubilee in 2024.

Also, we were offered a paid "upgrade" to one of those deck 9 ocean suites.  We turned it down, because it was not really an upgrade for us since it would be over public areas.  Didn't know about the balconies being open at the time.

3 hours ago, ciship said:

I'm looking in to finding umbrella's that attach to the chairs.  Let me know if you recommend a good, strong one!

You might want to check with John Heald on that, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be allowed.

In April, 2022 we stated in excell suite 9357. We had a roof,  privacy, a dining table and 2 loungers on the balcony. It was a big room, huge bathroon and we loved the balcony. The only slight down fall which we were ok with, we got the base noise from Grand Central. It stopped around 10 pm. 

On the Mardi Gras, deck 9 Ocean Suites with a roof are only cabins 9310, 9317, 9410, 9405, 9284, and 9289.  If you'll notice on the deck plans, these rooms are on the little corners and have a curved corner on the balcony.  These suites are also on decks 10 - 16.  Deck 17 has them as Spa Suites.  I also recommend viewing Cruise Admiral's youtube video Carnival Mardi Gras Cabin Tour for a primer on choosing a good cabin on Mardi Gras.  

On 5/18/2022 at 8:32 AM, ciship said:

We have booked an Ocean Suite on Deck 9 on Mardi Gras.  Just learned that our balcony will have no roof, thus no SHADE!  What the heck?  I am trying to find another cabin suite that has a roof on the balcony and have the deck plans pulled up, but that gives me no help at all?  Where are the Ocean Suite cabins with roofs on the balcony?

I found info here.  Links to other decks are at bottom of page.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5691/kw/mardi gras cabin descriptions/related/1

I think this is actually a TA site.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:42 PM, carlacruz said:

On the Mardi Gras, deck 9 Ocean Suites with a roof are only cabins 9310, 9317, 9410, 9405, 9284, and 9289.  If you'll notice on the deck plans, these rooms are on the little corners and have a curved corner on the balcony.  These suites are also on decks 10 - 16.  Deck 17 has them as Spa Suites.  I also recommend viewing Cruise Admiral's youtube video Carnival Mardi Gras Cabin Tour for a primer on choosing a good cabin on Mardi Gras.  

We have 17293 booked..corner spa...yes people can see that balcony if u Lean on the edge..if u sit back it's fine.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:32 AM, ciship said:

Slightly on topic, slightly off (but related)... 

I sailed on MG in October in an OS on deck 9 (cabin 9470). I will not make that choice again. The lack of a roof was a factor (including the absolute lack of privacy on the balcony), but not as significant as there being almost no view of the water / waterline...

(The roof over the deck 8 is essentially the painted bright white view you get when looking down at all.) I'm on her again early next year and moved up to deck 15.

If you are one who likes to see the waterline, deck 9 won't offer that. 

• 8 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 6:42 AM, kellylw said:

We were on deck 15 (15297) and had a roof but there isn’t much privacy. The balcony overlooks all those non-roofed cabins and we could see all the people in the corner type balconies. 

I'm in this same room on my upcoming cruise. What was the bed set up? Was the bed closer to the balcony or was it the other set up where the bed is in the middle of the room? Thanks ahead of time.