I HAVE 9 MORE MOS. WHAT COULD I BE DOING

bencruzN

I feel like I should/could be doing something before cruising in Feb. I know it's a little ways away. I thought I would not actually shop until the end of summer(end of season sales). What else could I do to prepare? Maybe I'm just too excited.

Heading for my Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It's okay, I have been booked for Alaska cruise for next May for several months. So far, I have subscribed to "Alaska" magazine, purchased hiking boots for my husband, and researched all the excursions.

I have no idea how to keep myself busy for an entire year.

Pride 02/15/04

Spirit 05/11/05

Okay, here is something else I did recently. I ordered Alaskan Wild Salmon online and my inlaws (who are going on the cruise with us) were visiting so we had an Alaskan themed party. We had a salmon bake on cedar planks, and over the dinner, discussed which excursions we should do. Yes we are dorks.

Where are you going? You could throw a dinner party themed like one of your destinations with a signature drink that is themed to coiincide with one of your ports...and appetizers to match. Yes, again, I am a dork, but it gets me in the cruising state of mind. Carribean chicken skewers and a rum drink for the carribean. Mai-tai's and hawaiian appetizers for hawaii. icon_biggrin.gif

Pride 02/15/04

Spirit 05/11/05

Have a baby!!!! LOL!!!! I booked my first cruise a year and half before hand - boy I couldn't wait!!! I made a calender and everyday would "x" off the day and count the months. When I got to 9 months I was sooooo antsy and felt like I had forever to wait all I could think of was - I could have a baby in that time frame !!! Of course I didn't but it was a long time to wait but well worth it!!! I spent lot's of time on CC!!!! It will come before you know it!!!!

Legend 10/04/03

Legend CTN 10/22/04!!!! Here we come!!

do what I do book more cruises that takes my mind off the first cruise till the last two weeks. Plus it helps just a little bit with the PCD.

<font SIZE="1">Click here for my Cruise Pics</font>

<font SIZE="1">***PROUD MEMBER O.A.T.C.***</font>

royalsmallwide.gif

saintsinners.gif

Miracle.gif

valorvampires.gif

<font SIZE="1">Opinions expressed by the poster are not necessarily the opinions of Cruise Critic or the Independent Traveler.

They might not even be the opinion of the poster, being he may be out of his mind at the time</font>

Atom.gif

I am booked on Conquest for May 2005. When we went to Alaska in May 2003 we booked a year in advance. I spent the time doing research on the internet, printing out great information and fixing a notebook. By the time we went on our cruise it was about 5" thick. The research is what keeps it exciting for me and I can keep going over it.

Archived