NCL Prima any thoughts ?

Jonesy333

3 hours ago, PennyHusted said:

We’re booked for next year to Bermuda on the Prima. Haven courtyard, so I can report after that.

We're booked on that same itinerary for April, albeit just in a Balcony. 

It's our first cruise with NCL, so I'm keen on seeing how they differ from RCL/X. I do like the idea of moving more of the ship outwards, unlike the Oasis-class ships which are very inwards-looking.

This is the most-expensive cruise I've got booked, looking at it per-person, per-night, including OBC, but as a new ship, I'm okay with paying a bit of a premium.

18 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Is the Carnival Pride the renamed ship from the infamous "poop cruise"? 

That's the Carnival Sunrise...I cruised on it in 2009 when it was the Triumph. I won't go into detail on my lack of enjoyment of that cruise.:)

• Thanks 1

I’m ready to go.

I booked the Prima for Feb 2023....the solo cabin with the perks was in my opinion just fine cost wise. Avoiding 100% single surcharges with other lines brings me back to NCL. 
looking for a new itinerary I booked the Prima for June 2023.....never been to Iceland. The pricing for a single wasn’t exorbitant....only their precruise hotel.

After that it’s the Viva out of San Juan in Feb 2024.

As I have a love hate relationship with NCL......I have learned to roll with the punches. I do give them high marks for food and entertainment.

Ive cruised too many decades, too many ships and find the business continually changes so if I cant deal with the changes...I might as well stay home, beach myself for the duration and think about the past memories. In the Meantime it’s the Caribbean Princess followed by the Sky Princess and look forward to the Prima.

So sail on what you want and disregard what others say....like me. It’s your money, your time, your vacation.

Bon voyage.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Veggie Burger in Paradise said:

"You're obviously an NCL Homer. 

First Jan (can I call you Jan?), "I know you are but what am I" is not becoming on you. 

*Checks comment history* criticism can be helpful, what you're doing is trolling.

"NCL is my favorite cruise line" 

But I'm sure I'll see you soon in the threads!

Sounds like you got a bad case of butthurt with someone commenting negatively on NCL which for some reason bothers you with all your vast and expansive cruise history with one line and a whopping six whole cruises. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

The Prima has got the cruise we want so just waiting on prices and I think we’ll give it a go ! I sailed with NCL about 30 years ago around Caribbean and we really liked it but I do know from past experiences that if you get the choice wrong it really spoils your holiday .Thanks for all the comments 

Hey Perth!

off topic...

Ive been looking at a Sept 2024 Princess cruise round trip from Perth. How are the ports on the west coast of Australia? It’s a 10 day cruise with only 5 ports.

Its the length of flight time that has me concerned from Florida to Perth....would the ports be worth the hours and hours of plane travel?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Many thanks