"Important notification" emails from HAL

First timer, here so forgive my ignorance but as I've tried to piece together various posts about some of the email and notifications we receive as our cruise approaches (Alaska, July 2nd, Koningsdam), I'm having a few troubles knowing what to pay attention to. I'll try to be super-brief:

1. Email today about "boarding passes and other electronic documents" are now available in the Navigator app. There is nothing like that in the app that I can find and we don't embark for six weeks yet so does that make sense?

2. Our two excursions (scheduled and paid through HAL's website a month or more ago) still aren't showing on my itinerary - should they by now?

3. In the navigator app, there is a badge on the floating "cart" icon showing two items. When I go to the cart, it only lists one thing, and that is a "booking summary", for a cost of $0.00 and a box to check to agree to terms and conditions. I can't get it to go away. I even tried to "complete transaction" but then get an error that "your purchase could not be completed, please try again later". Been that way for at least a week now. What's up with that?

thanks in advance.....

Just now, Bruinboy said:

When I've purchased excursions on line they have shown up immediately. I would call and see what is going on with your reservation. Seems something is afoot!

I was afraid of that. Would love to avoid being on hold forever but might have to do that.

1 minute ago, BroncoBobblehead said:

I haven't but that's as good an idea as any - I'll give it a try.

Another suggestion -, have you tried using a desktop with chrome browser, signing in on the regular HAL website, and following the online checkin process? On our last cruise in November, that produced boarding passes on our app (using iPhone and iPad.)

Sometimes HAL programs don’t seem to like my ipad, so we often use the desktop to enter basic info for check-in, tours, restaurants, etc which later shows up on the app..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Another suggestion -, have you tried using a desktop with chrome browser, signing in on the regular HAL website, and following the online checkin process? On our last cruise in November, that produced boarding passes on our app (using iPhone and iPad.)

Sometimes HAL programs don’t seem to like my ipad, so we often use the desktop to enter basic info for check-in, tours, restaurants, etc which later shows up on the app..

I hadn't yet - wasn't sure it made sense to start digging around with checking in so far out from departure but perhaps that is just the normal timeline. Does that process usually begin that far out. I believe we are at 43 days out as of today.

40 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Have you tried deleting the app from your device, reloading it, and signing in again? That sometimes brings in new information. 

reinstalling fixed the cart issue - I should have thought of that - thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BroncoBobblehead said:

I hadn't yet - wasn't sure it made sense to start digging around with checking in so far out from departure but perhaps that is just the normal timeline. Does that process usually begin that far out. I believe we are at 43 days out as of today.

I believe 43 days isn't too early to at least start the online checkin. You can come back and add as needed.

IIRC, for our last HAL cruise in November we were required to upload head shot photos and our vaccination cards, which we did closer to sailing date, and also to fill out a health questionnaire on the app shortly before departure.  You can see your boarding passes on the app, and there will be prompts to continue with the process to those remaining steps.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

2 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I believe 43 days isn't too early to at least start the online checkin. You can come back and add as needed.

IIRC, for our last HAL cruise in November we were required to upload head shot photos and our vaccination cards, which we did closer to sailing date, and also to fill out a health questionnaire on the app shortly before departure.  You can see your boarding passes on the app, and there will be prompts to continue with the process to those remaining steps.

Good to know that getting pinged about checkin stuff this early is not unusual. I think I have in my mind that "checkin" is like a few days beforehand but I'd certainly love to be able to update things as early as possible when there's no time crunch. HAL doesn't really put out any kind of timeline of "what to expect" that I can find leading up to a cruise. For me currently, every email I get is met with a slight whiff of panic that something is getting canceled or changed (and sabotaging other things) and I can only imagine it getting more frequent as the day approaches. I wish that the email notifications and links were more descriptive about specifically what is being changed and/or updated right up front so I could relax a bit faster, lo. That's just me though.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can definitely check in early. But you will not be able to complete the total process until you complete the health questionnaire, I believe 3 days prior.

I discovered in order to get the boarding pass, both of us had to complete the emergency information and add an onboard payment source. DH hadn’t done either, ( thought he had) and neither of us were able to get boarding passes or luggage tags.

• Like 1