Check In - App?

Paphillyguy

I have been having issues with the check in online as it continues to give me an error.  I had posted pervious about this and I remember someone saying to not check in via the app.  Is there a reason not to use the app for checking in?  I could call but I figured the app was easier.

Anyone know why someone would say to not use the app to check in?  Are there known issues with doing it that way.

I am very nervous about the entire check in process because my last cruise which was my first cruise with MSC we had a very big issue at the pier.  We checked in online had all of our documents but when we got to the port they did not have keys for us and said we were listed as no shows.  Luckily we were in the YC and after an hour we were on the ship but it was a very stressful experience.  I do not want this to happen again.  

I booked a new cruise while on board the Seashore last week. When I got home, I went on line and checked in with no problem. The cruise isn't until next May. Both of us have the green check.

I just couldn't log into my account and check in.  Gave me an error if I just put in my booking number and checked in it worked 2 green check marks and emailed documents.  

Still will not feel good until they have the keys waiting for me.  Last time I had printed documents and 2 green check marks and no keys.  System said we were no shows.  Fingers crossed

Follow-up question about checking in...

If my daughter (F16), who is traveling with me, doesn't have a passport is it possible to check-in using the link above?

Or am I better off just checking in once I get to the terminal in Miami? 

We are in YC if that makes any difference since the process should be smoother at the terminal.

Thanks in advance for the help!

44 minutes ago, KnoxRunner said:

Follow-up question about checking in...

If my daughter (F16), who is traveling with me, doesn't have a passport is it possible to check-in using the link above?

Or am I better off just checking in once I get to the terminal in Miami? 

We are in YC if that makes any difference since the process should be smoother at the terminal.

Thanks in advance for the help!

While I can not specifically answer your question, I believe there is an option to pick something other then passport.  One thing I can assure you, if you have any issues with check in and you are in the YC they will definitely be life savers at the terminal.  I am speaking from experience.  

• Like 1