Arrivecan question

Retired 07

We are sailing next week and have to fill out the Arrivecan form.  Is it better to download the app, or just do it on their website? Or doesn’t it matter?  Also, when should we be doing it?  Thank you.

We are sailing next week as well, to Alaska and Canada.  I would think it would be more convenient to have the app on your smartphone or tablet than using the website, but I don’t know if it really matters. You should be able to download the app  now and complete the forms for each member of your household up until 72 hours before the time that of embarkation. Once you are within 72 hours,  I understand that you can finish putting in details such as the name of your ship. Once that is submitted, you are supposed to receive a QR code. 

I am going through the same process as you. People in some of my FB groups have been very  helpful with pointers.

Good luck! 

Edited by sushitex

If you do ArriveCan on your phone it will also ask for your email address.  Once you complete the app and your information is approved  you will receive your QR code (72 hours before your cruise).   If registered on your phone, ArriveCan will send the QR code to both your phone & email address.  You can print out the QR code from the email if you want, or just bring it up on your phone.

The phone app gives you more flexibility, but online is an option.

• Like 1

Also wanted to add, if you have on your phone, take a screen shot of the QR code if you don't have a printer to print out. Service in Pier 91 is spotty, so having everything (Vaccine, Check In, Arrive Can, negative test) is best to have screen shots, loaded up into a folder in your photos, for quick viewing. I went old school - printing it out at my mother's request, and it did make things go quicker. 

• Like 1

Thank you both for your answers.  We are both “old school” (I don’t even have a cell phone, just a tablet.) We’ll probably end up printing all of our docs.  Sounds like either way works.  Thanks again!

• Like 2