Onboard post cruise covid test?

edgekid

We will be disembarking Beyond in Barcelona and catching a morning flight back to the U.S... trying to find out if Celebrity will offer a free onboard Covid test 1 day prior to or day of disembarkation. We need to show negative test to be able to fly home, and it will be a race to find a facility to administer test prior to our flight if Celebrity does not do that, as other lines do...Appreciate any input.

Tests are available at airports and walk up sites across Europe.  It was easier and cheaper to get a test in Rome than we thought it would be.  I did telehealth in hotel room after purchasing it thorough X and picking it up in luggage area.  My DHs test did not work due to defective gummed  closure so he took the live test at the Rome airport for 20 Euros.  You can bring your own telehealth test from home also.  Definitely no test on board by Celebrity in May of 2022.

My advice would be to take your own. Use the Ship wifi whilst on board and whilst you still have some support on board should the worst happen. There are reports of tests only being given at debarkation, and at some ports you are not allowed to do tests in the terminal. Depending on flight times and given that you need to provide a test result pre flight it can leave things a little tight for your flight home....even if you are negative.