How was Rhapsody this past week?? My turn next Sunday!

lilmsonry

Would like to know how YOUR experience was on Rhapsody out of Galveston?

Was it rough?

How many buffet nights?

How was the water in ports, cold?

How was the food in general?

How was the staff, pleasant?

Any info is appreciated! I will finally get to say "See ya when I get back!" next Sunday and this week is going to be difficult. Learning new stuff at work and my mind is not going to be in full-force on work ;)!

You will love the Rhapsody of the Seas! Any RCCL Cruise is likely to be a fun experience, but the Rhapsody has the reputation of being the friendliest ship on the seas. I can vouch for that based on our cruise last year. A majority of the cruise passengers are Texans, (like me) who are fun and friendly folks. The crew and Cruise Director staff are just as nice as you could possibly hope for.

The food is wonderful (and plentiful), the water in Cozumel is the perfect temperature and the perfect shade of tropical blue as well. I highly reccomend the Playa Mia Beach Break with the open bar. They have a water trampoline, kayaks, sailboats, volleyball and a guy who, if you tip him five or ten bucks early on, will bring you drinks faithfully and cheerfully until you say when.

Look around the chat boards and forums on cruises and you'll find tons of info on all the stuff you want to know. Have fun and happy sailing! :)

Was it rough?

How many buffet nights?

Any info is appreciated! I will finally get to say "See ya when I get back!" next Sunday and this week is going to be difficult. Learning new stuff at work and my mind is not going to be in full-force on work ;)!

Have fun! It will be our turn the following week on the 12th!

but the Rhapsody has the reputation of being the friendliest ship on the seas. The crew and Cruise Director staff are just as nice as you could possibly hope for.

Please tell who was your captain? My entry for Rhapsody under the thread "Current Captains" is outdated. Funny, the CD on Grandeur said the samething 2-6-06 when we were there, that Grandeur was the friendliest ship. I think I see a pattern here...!:)

Was it rough?

How many buffet nights?

I just got back this Sunday, The weather was fantastic. Smooth seas and sunny all week. I went snorkeling in Grand Cayman and the water temp was perfect. Food was really good and as usual, the on board staff was great. they seemed to have as much fun as we did. If the weather stays good, you will have a wonderful cruise.

They have one midnight buffett and 2 formal nights.

Was it rough?

How many buffet nights?

;)!

I have been on the Rhapsody twice and am planning my third trip and have not experienced rough seas. The Windjammer buffet is open every night, but there were no buffets in the formal dinning room. The water in the Caymans and Cozumel was beautiful and the crew was outstanding.

Hope this helps.

Was it rough?

How many buffet nights?

;)!

I have been on the Rhapsody twice and am planning my third trip and have not experienced rough seas. The Windjammer buffet is open every night, but there were no buffets in the formal dinning room. The water in the Caymans and Cozumel was beautiful and the crew was outstanding.

Hope this helps.

Just back from an awsome 1000% wonderful cruise on the Rapsody. Hi Firepro very nice to meet you at our meet and mingle. Sorry that not all of us that signed up showed up. Guess it was the time change.

The cruise was one of the best I have taken. Weather was wonderful and the water was warm and so blue. Food was good, I have had better, but it was still good. The staff was excellent, very friendly and very helpfull. Can't wait to cruise again.

Thanks everybody for your input and well wishes! 2 days till we leave our homes and 4 days till we board! Glad to know the weather for everybody was great, sunny and the water fantastic. Sometimes, I wonder if I have this in my head to an "unbelievable" level and don't want to be disappointed. We are very easily going people and don't demand or have to have everything 100% perfect people, just want to have a wonderful time and roll with the waves. Thanks again everybody....almost here!!!!!:D :D :D :p

We will be on the Rhapsody in 4 weeks. You will have a wonderful time, go with the flow, but you won't be able to do everything that is listed in the Cruise Compass. So relax and have fun.

Put aside your inhibitions, and try something new. Maybe line dancing, karaoke, etc. You never know how much you will enjoy it umless you try.

Say hello to your fellow passengers, when passing them in the halls. Say hello to the Crew members as you meet them.

In the dining room, try something new every meal. If you don't like it, just tell your waiter and they will bring you something else. Try the escargot, always try the chilled soups, or any of their soup offerings. If you find something you really like, mention it to your head waiter, and chances are you will have that item at dinner every night for the rest of the cruise.

We were at a table for 8 several years ago, and the first night I asked the headwaiter which night the escargot were being served. He told us (it would be the second formal night). Everyone at our table all chimed in on how much they all liked escargot, too. The next night at dinner, out from the kitchen comes the head chef, followed by three waiters and the headwaiter, all carrying trays of escargot. (Three or four servings for each person at the table). Everyone that was seated around our table was standing up and trying to see what all of the presentation was about. Some were even taking pictures. It was priceless.

Unfortunately, :D The same thing happened every night for the rest of the cruise, three trays of escargot for our table. Almost got sick of eating the @#$@ things!! (Not quite)

So, relax, and enjoy. Try something new, and see you on the board when you get home.

Hypo

My first cruise will also be on this ship on 4/16. Sounds like this is one of the friendliest ones to go on - we may not be from Texas (where it sounds like most of her passengers are) but we are from the Midwest and are looking forward to having the time of our lives!!

Archived