MCO arrival time for TSA pre- check

diannedri

Hope this is the correct forum for this topic. I have tsa Pre-check and will have only carry on luggage. What time should I arrive at MCO for noon departure on Jetblue on a Monday? I have looked at tsawait times but find the times are not accurate and not for TSA- pre- check.

MCO is one of those airports I always give myself extra time for, even with PreCheck, because the families + those with mobility issues are...well, everywhere. I would personally arrive 90 minutes ahead; earlier if it's international. 

Edited by Zach1213

11 hours ago, diannedri said:

I have looked at tsawait times but find the times are not accurate and not for TSA- pre- check.

Curious.....how can you say that the times are not accurate and not for pre-check?

Having flown too much in the past months (both domestic and international) I would just warn that the only thing normal about airports is that nothing is normal!  Staffing problems coupled with constant airline cancellation issues means that just when you think everything is OK...it is not!  We can walk into an airport one day and have absolutely no queues at check-in or TSA security.  Go to that same airport the next day and there can be a 1 hour wait just to get through the check-in line, the TSA pre-check line is closed (due to staffing issues), etc.

My advice is simple.  Plan for the worst and hope for the best :).  Get to the airport early (at least 1 1/2 hours for domestic and twice that time for International) and plan on relaxing at the airport with the knowledge that you are checked-in and clear of security.  It is better to cool your heels waiting in an airport then finding yourself missing a flight because of unforeseen delays anywhere in the process.

Hank

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, diannedri said:

Tks for reply. I am thinking arrive 2 hrs ahead

With TSA Pre-Check and a domestic flight we would be fine with 2 hours.  But that assumes you are coming from a nearby location..  In the past year we have learned not to depend on any software that estimates waiting times (for check-in and security).   I tend to plan for the worst and hope for the best so in the last few months we have been arriving earlier (around 3 hours) for our flights (we are not talking specifically about MCO).   We generally have access to some lounges and prefer to get to the airport a little early and relax in a lounge with the knowledge that our gate is within walking distance.

These are very strange times for those of us who fly.  I have been an avid traveler for over 50 years and have never seen anything like the chaos we now have in the airline world.  Until things settle down and there is some consistency I think spending more time at the airport (instead of at home or a hotel) is reasonable.

Hank