All specialty restaurants included with Royal Suite?

CruisinShips

Hi.  We had a Celebrity Suite booked, and I purchased a Dining Package.  Since it's a special occasion and we haven't cruised in a few years, we decided to bite the bullet and switch/upgrade to a RS.  I am new to Celebrity, and after doing this upgrade, I read somewhere that specialty restaurants are included at no additional cost for RS.  I just wanted to confirm this is the case before I cancel my dining package.  Any catch or am I reading correctly?  Thanks

Yes. That’s what I’ve read. We usually book CS but next winter we have a RS and I’m excited because I’ve found Luminae menu selections odd , although quality has always been good. We’ve often ordered off the MDR menu but on the Edge( next winter) that option will not be available as the MDR kitchen is too far from the retreat. So we’ll probably do every other night in a specialty restaurant.

19 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Hi.  We had a Celebrity Suite booked, and I purchased a Dining Package.  Since it's a special occasion and we haven't cruised in a few years, we decided to bite the bullet and switch/upgrade to a RS.  I am new to Celebrity, and after doing this upgrade, I read somewhere that specialty restaurants are included at no additional cost for RS.  I just wanted to confirm this is the case before I cancel my dining package.  Any catch or am I reading correctly?  Thanks

Helpful info is on this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2677823-how-to-book-complimentary-specialty-dining-in-royal-suite/

When we were last in a RS everything was included except Chef's Table and maybe that type of wine pairing special event.  I think those same events would also be excluded from your dining package anyway.  Sushi  on Five was included with the RS on S class even though it is Ala carte.  With the RS, you can make and change reservations either before sailing or after boarding and you will be given great tables.  The RS also gets lunches in Specialty Restaurants.

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER
  • Like 1