NCL Joy 60-70% Occupancy?

SMK06437

Heading out on the Joy June 19th to Bermuda...hearing maybe the ship is running at 60-70% occupancy. Having sailed on the Breakaway, Encore in the past at full occupancy will we notice the reduction or is it still pretty crowded?  Places lik H20 still hard to get a spot to sit?   Just curious if 1100-1500 people less will make much of a difference...thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, SMK06437 said:

Heading out on the Joy June 19th to Bermuda...hearing maybe the ship is running at 60-70% occupancy. Having sailed on the Breakaway, Encore in the past at full occupancy will we notice the reduction or is it still pretty crowded?  Places lik H20 still hard to get a spot to sit?   Just curious if 1100-1500 people less will make much of a difference...thanks in advance.

We were on the Encore last month and there were about 3800 people onboard. It felt "normal". 

So,,, while there was less than full capacity onboard, the crew were setting up a lot less loungers on deck. (There were always stacks and stacks of loungers piled up and tied down that were not set up). Theater seating was shoulder to shoulder. The atrium games and shows were standing room only.

That was our 5th post-pandemic cruise and felt the most "normal".  

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm on the 6/5 Joy to Bermuda.  The  prices went up overnight, so that should tell you something. 

I suspect they went up because Bermuda has made it suddenly a lot easier to gain entry with their policy change on sailings after this weekend. NCLH had their prices lower because the hoops to get the BDA TA was nuts! Now it's a LOT easier. I suspect they're hoping to cash in on the sudden ease in the restrictions and make up for the 50% sailings earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:25 PM, CruisinMaterial said:

I suspect they went up because Bermuda has made it suddenly a lot easier to gain entry with their policy change on sailings after this weekend. NCLH had their prices lower because the hoops to get the BDA TA was nuts! Now it's a LOT easier. I suspect they're hoping to cash in on the sudden ease in the restrictions and make up for the 50% sailings earlier in the season. 

that could be true, however, the average bear who booked a cruise to bermuda knew nothing of the TA process or the associated fees at the time of booking. (many knew little at the time of sailing, which is, perhaps, why there were so many problems.) so i personally don't see a relationship between the easing of restrictions and a price increase, although there certainly could be one.