TAP Air Portugal

Markanddonna

I just wanted to let you know abour our very good experience on TAP. We booked a one way fare two week prior to departure, London to EWR with a connection in Lisbon. Everything went like clockwork and the flight was similar to other better known airlines. The app worked great and the process for check-in was flawless. I would definitely bok a flight on TAP again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I just wanted to let you know abour our very good experience on TAP. We booked a one way fare two week prior to departure, London to EWR with a connection in Lisbon. Everything went like clockwork and the flight was similar to other better known airlines. The app worked great and the process for check-in was flawless. I would definitely bok a flight on TAP again.

Thanks, good to know.

We are flying TAP to Madeira, via Lisbon, in two days.  One way fare.  Flight home from Faro on Transat.  Concerned about the two hour TAP connection in Lisbon.  Reports say customs line ups currently  can be as much as 2-3 hours!

Edited by iancal

19 minutes ago, iancal said:

Reports say customs line ups currently  can be as much as 2-3 hours!

Immigration.

And TAP has seven non-stops per day from LIS to FNC, so you should be fine if you miss your connect.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Immigration.

And TAP has seven non-stops per day from LIS to FNC, so you should be fine if you miss your connect.

We are not checking any bags so hopefully this will speed things up a little for us. 

11 minutes ago, iancal said:

We are not checking any bags so hopefully this will speed things up a little for us. 

If immigration is the bottleneck, connecting baggage won't be an issue.  The bags will transfer without your involvement.  Standard Euro customs in Funchal.

Our TAP flight to Lisbon was very good. Lisbon immigration was a zoo.  Huge lineup.  We were fortunate..we had tight connections and were whisked through in about an hour. 

Avoid Lisbon flights with 11 AM arrivals or be prepared to wait for hours to get through.

Edited by iancal
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

in September of 2021i flew on TAP  from Lisbon to Barcelona (oddly enough on  an a320/321 NEO seat up for "long flights" but this was high covid era).

i have heard negative things about TAP and i found the  flight much much better than british airways euro-traveler.

• Like 1