Deck 4 Princess Grill Cabins QV

ladyariadne

Does anyone have any experience in the Deck 4 Princess Grill Cabins on Queen Victoria (or Elizabeth as I think they are the same).  I know that the balconies are larger, but I'm wondering about noise from the floor below and whether there is an obstructed view due to the lifeboats.  There are cabins available on both 4 and 5 and I'd love a bit bigger balcony but not at the cost of other concerns.  Thanks so much.

We had a deck 4 QG on QE last February.  The depth of the PG and QG cabins is the same on that deck, just a difference in width.  There was no noise.  The balconies are deeper than those on the higher decks so if you stand at the rail, turn round and look up you can see all the balconies above you.  I did hope that no-one above balanced their drink on the rail!!  We survived.

• Haha 1

We had one and it was fine. The only problem was that we had one of the forward facing curved balconies, which while fine for seeing forward, were smaller than the normal PG balcony.

I was upgraded to the Disability Princess suite on deck 4 a few years ago, it was double width and was deeper than the deck 5 and above balconies..it was spectacular and hosted many parties for a month and has been one of my favourite suites onboard. . I mainly  prefer deck four for the closeness to the sea and the noise of the waves at night.

Edited by roscoe39