To test or not to test, that is the question. (precruise testing)

coldinerie

6 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

Maybe I’m confused but why are you stressing out? If you have evidence of a positive test, you’re good to go. You don’t need anything from your doctor and you don’t need to retest.

I guess I’m confused as I thought I needed something from my doctor. So I just need my walgreens positive test from Thursday? 

2 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

I guess I’m confused as I thought I needed something from my doctor. So I just need my walgreens positive test from Thursday? 

Direct from Carnival site. No mention of needing anything from a doctor.

Document of Recovery

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months of their sailing date do not need the required pre-cruise test if they are at least 10 days past their positive test result date, have no symptoms and produce document of recovery from COVID-19. A Document of Recovery is accepted from both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated guests (with a Carnival-approved exemption) and consists of a paper or electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days prior to the sailing date).

Edited by Hoosierpop

2 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

Direct from Carnival site. No mention of needing anything from a doctor.

Document of Recovery

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months of their sailing date do not need the required pre-cruise test if they are at least 10 days past their positive test result date, have no symptoms and produce document of recovery from COVID-19. A Document of Recovery is accepted from both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated guests (with a Carnival-approved exemption) and consists of a paper or electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days prior to the sailing date).

I assume this doesn’t work with Verifly? 

17 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

I assume this doesn’t work with Verifly? 

I had read on another thread that a positive result could not be used with VeriFLY and that the documentation was scrutinized at the port.  They were able to board because their documentation was in order, but I decided to go ahead and retest 2 days before at the same time as my DH.  

I knew I had the recovery positive test if I had to use it, but tested negative 2 days before so was able to just use that result in VeriFLY, which allowed us to zip right through at check-in.  Unless it incredibly inconvenient, I’d go ahead and retest for the sole purpose of being able to use VeriFLY. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melodyesch said:

I had read on another thread that a positive result could not be used with VeriFLY and that the documentation was scrutinized at the port.  They were able to board because their documentation was in order, but I decided to go ahead and retest 2 days before at the same time as my DH.  

I knew I had the recovery positive test if I had to use it, but tested negative 2 days before so was able to just use that result in VeriFLY, which allowed us to zip right through at check-in.  Unless it incredibly inconvenient, I’d go ahead and retest for the sole purpose of being able to use VeriFLY. 

That’s my plan also. I think after a month I should be negative. I already purchased the eMed test so I’m not out anything.