Funniest thing you've seen while boarding

htkodiak

What a funny thread lol. I just wanted to add something that happened to us last year while waiting in the line for the Glory. A security guard came up to my SIL who would remind you of one of the Golden Girls and asked if he could place a small gun in her bag. The look on her face was priceless lol. He wanted to do a random check to make sure that the screeners were doing their job correctly. Sure enough they caught it and you should have seen the look on their faces when they saw it. It was just a teeny tiny thing that barely looked like a gun at all. It sure made us feel better knowing that they were actively screening everything...even a little old ladies bag lol.

Mary

Lol! The look on her face would probably be similar to the look on my grandma's face if that happened to her!

Were you on the December 11th, 2005 sailing? We seen this exact same thing while in the terminal waiting to board. We never seen them again either. Maybe they never got to board due to the No Pets policy.:)

This was January 23, 2005. Hmmm - it seems the dog collared boys and girls turn up quite a bit in Tampa. Maybe they're part of the "pre-boarding entertainment"? :D

I was reboarding and went thru the "metal detecter" and of course I beeped. They used the wand and the problem was at my feet. Took off my shoes still beeped, took off my socks still beeped. Well at least they let me board after that.

Did you get the pin taken out of your ankle (after it healed) when you broke it?:rolleyes:

OK two weird things....

1- We saw a women walk into the dining room on FORMAL NIGHT with her robe on and wet hair and sat down to be served. The maitre-d came by and asked if we had enjoyed our dinner we said yes and he said well we are just about to do entertainment. I said well gosh we were thinking our entertainment was the lady in the robe. He was in shock and said why didn't someone tell me. :) I think he was sort of serious in a joking way with us. I think he was upset that one of the waiters did not inform him of this. Before he left our table she walked out of the dining room. Maybe she thought he was coming her way???

2-a man that had to hold his head up with one finger. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He walked every where but had to have his finger support his chin. He was an older man with a a wife and everything. No brace on his neck or anything. It was really bizarre!

:)

Kendra

While re-boarding in St Thomas I was discreetly(sp) trying to upload a couple bottles of rum to my cabin,I made it thru the x-ray and metal detector and was about to walk past the confiscation(I mean the nice young person that will bring you your purchase on the last night of the cruise) table my DW yelled from the xray that I had forgotten to drop off my booze.Everyone in the area stopped and looked at me.Needless to say but I left my purchase at the desk :-)gave my wife a pleasent smile and went to the Beer Aquasition Region.Happy Cruising

While re-boarding in St Thomas I was discreetly(sp) trying to upload a couple bottles of rum to my cabin,I made it thru the x-ray and metal detector and was about to walk past the confiscation(I mean the nice young person that will bring you your purchase on the last night of the cruise) table my DW yelled from the xray that I had forgotten to drop off my booze.Everyone in the area stopped and looked at me.Needless to say but I left my purchase at the desk :-)gave my wife a pleasent smile and went to the Beer Aquasition Region.Happy Cruising

Home team support!:eek: Atta girl!:rolleyes:

What a funny thread lol. I just wanted to add something that happened to us last year while waiting in the line for the Glory. A security guard came up to my SIL who would remind you of one of the Golden Girls and asked if he could place a small gun in her bag. The look on her face was priceless lol. He wanted to do a random check to make sure that the screeners were doing their job correctly. Sure enough they caught it and you should have seen the look on their faces when they saw it. It was just a teeny tiny thing that barely looked like a gun at all. It sure made us feel better knowing that they were actively screening everything...even a little old ladies bag lol.

Mary

Hummm nice of you to let them use you I would have passed

Archived