Scooter rentals

travellgirl

We rented an electric car (pretty much a glorified golf cart) but that being said -there are charging stations in St George and Hamilton and ther is enough range to get to either place park and charge while you sight-see. It charged about 10-15% per hour but only use 25% to get from dockyard to st. George.  It is a good option for 2,  but driving on the left is tricky and the driver must be vigilant/cognizant of that especially on turns. We also saw a couple getting on the ship when we did with the wife on crutches and arm in a sling, saying that they wished they never rented a scooter. 

We are just back from Bermuda, via Summit. Began on June 26. While in Bermuda this week an American couple were in a terrible scooter accident. Wife in ICU with head injuries. Husband was seriously injured but not in ICU. Talk of the ship was how dangerous it is to drive on the island. It was scary on buses and in taxis and these drivers are used to the roads. I would not recommend for anyone. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This was awhile ago. At the time you could rent two person scooters. I weighed 145 and my husband 155 so basically 300 pounds between us. We couldn't make it up the hills, he had to pull over and I would walk up the hills. LOL  That said he had a hard time getting used to driving on the left. I don't think we would do it again.