Amsterdam- COVID testing at port after cruise

Our cruise on celebrity ends in Amsterdam. We need to COVID test for our flight to the US, up to one day ahead of time. We may attempt this on the ship, but I’m concerned about the strength and reliability of the Wi-Fi connection while out at sea that day. From what I understand, celebrity is doing nothing to help with testing.

Is there any testing at the port  in case as a backup plan?  We are trying to determine if we can reasonably make our 1pm flight back to the US. I’m assuming we can early disembark at 7am. We need to be at the airport by 10am which means in line for a cab by 9am. That leaves a narrow window of time to get through port immigration and get testing done. 

Wow, that is some really tight planning! I’m sorry to say, but you really don’t have time to dwindle or to go looking for a test.  Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is an absolute mess these days, due to staff shortages. People who arrived 4 hours in advance have reported they missed their flights due to long lines at check in, security and passport control. You should definitely try to do the test before you arrive in Amsterdam. Or even better, but probably not possible, fly out a day later. 

Maybe you do the test in the port before you dock in Amsterdam? Of course this depends what the timing (how many hours is it valid etc.) for the test is. The result of Antigeen test in general comes within 30 minutes. 

As far as I know there is no testing at the terminal in Amsterdam.

As dutch travelgirl states you very likely will not have enough time, also because of the problems on the airport. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Does anyone know of a place in Amsterdam to get tested before a cruise?

Check spoedtest.nl they offer various locations in Amsterdam

3 hours ago, rsverdier said:

FYI: As of June 12th, a negative test is no longer required for air travel passengers to enter the USA.

image.thumb.png.8f7bff041232ef2fb3d6fdf381af3c29.png

The most recent question in this thread is about a test BEFORE a cruise, not after. The test requirement to return to the USA may have been dropped, but many cruise companies continue to require a negative test before passengers are being allowed to board the ship. 
The company recommended by Ine performs tests on various locations throughout the Netherlands and Amsterdam including close to the cruise terminal. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2022 at 10:12 AM, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

The most recent question in this thread is about a test BEFORE a cruise, not after. The test requirement to return to the USA may have been dropped, but many cruise companies continue to require a negative test before passengers are being allowed to board the ship. 
The company recommended by Ine performs tests on various locations throughout the Netherlands and Amsterdam including close to the cruise terminal. 

On 6/16/2022 at 10:12 AM, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

That is the question I have been trying to find an answer to for about a month.  Need a test to sail on Apex on September 1.  We do not need a test post cruise to fly back to USA.  So, Travelgirl, where do we get a test in Amsterdam between August 28 when we arrive and September 1 when we sail?  Please