Deluxe Beverage Package On Board

7 hours ago, trojan3000 said:

I am a D+ and have never heard of the discounts. Please enlighten.

Used to be 30% for D+.   I think it was 40% for pinnacle.  But the way they do the sales (and the Royal math) it probably is irrelevant because you couldn’t combine that discount with any other offer as I recall.  On one cruise 4 or 5 years back I bought the package mid cruise using the D+ discount just to test out that way of doing it.  It ended up costing about the same per day as the pre cruise price per day.  

35 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Thanks everyone. Decided to get the packages on sale for Memorial Day and was able to get the Deluxe and Refreshment for less than $800 total. Not too bad for almost anything we want 🙂

Over 100 per day and only one of you can even get an alcoholic beverage.  Not arguing against getting it.  But I don’t agree that isn’t too bad.  It is still a crazy price.  It wasn’t too many years ago we did a 13 night Liberty transatlantic cruise that was 2400 total for two of us in humo balcony and it included the deluxe beverage package.  Now folks are paying 1000-1200 for two deluxe packages for a week long cruise.  Pretty sure I could find a cabin (and often a balcony) on most cruises that is cheaper than the deluxe package.  Pretty obvious where Royal is making money and not making money (or even losing money). 

6 minutes ago, topnole said:

Over 100 per day and only one of you can even get an alcoholic beverage.  Not arguing against getting it.  But I don’t agree that isn’t too bad.  It is still a crazy price.  It wasn’t too many years ago we did a 13 night Liberty transatlantic cruise that was 2400 total for two of us in humo balcony and it included the deluxe beverage package.  Now folks are paying 1000-1200 for two deluxe packages for a week long cruise.  Pretty sure I could find a cabin (and often a balcony) on most cruises that is cheaper than the deluxe package.  Pretty obvious where Royal is making money and not making money (or even losing money). 

Yeah I get that. Hubby barely drinks so not worth it for him but the mocktails and milkshakes might even it out for him lol 

• Like 1

If you are interested in, perhaps, getting a better deal onboard, I agree with the strategy of still buying a package beforehand.  You can keep an eye out for a better price before you board, and then you can compare what you paid to what they are offering on board.  As mentioned, it's easy enough to cancel and repurchase.  You likely would have some use for the OBC.

Has anyone ever seen the package deal better than BOGO 50% off?  Just noticed it now it my planner.  Also there are 4 of us in out cabin (Myself, Wife, 8 year old and 4 year old).  Will they need a beverage package?  All they drink is water.

11 minutes ago, Scotico said:

Has anyone ever seen the package deal better than BOGO 50% off?  Just noticed it now it my planner.  Also there are 4 of us in out cabin (Myself, Wife, 8 year old and 4 year old).  Will they need a beverage package?  All they drink is water.

Yes!  A few weeks ago, our cruise was BOGO50 with the price ending up at $75 each.  This means the onboard price is $100, and the BOGO50 is basically a 25% discount.  This week, with the Memorial Day sale, it's $65 each, which is a 35% discount.  

36 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Yes!  A few weeks ago, our cruise was BOGO50 with the price ending up at $75 each.  This means the onboard price is $100, and the BOGO50 is basically a 25% discount.  This week, with the Memorial Day sale, it's $65 each, which is a 35% discount.  

My Mariner cruise this summer is still BOGO50 with the Memorial Day sale, I wish it was 35%. 

• Like 1