Creative pricing in onboard shops on rcl ships

Others say oh my ship had it too and maybe it's me.

I dont usually buy that much but this time I'd been to these ports many times and bogo didnt work for me and I had money to spend I usually spend on excursions. So I bought stuff in the shops.

One example. When I boarded the sign said towels, 2 for $25. Each one has a tag 16.95 hanging from each towel. By the end the sign was gone and above was mix or match caps, tee shirts or towels 2 for $35. I actually bought 2 sets of these. I think technically diamond plus gets 5% off logo items and these are logo items?

2 items marked 16.95 are not a deal at 2 for $35. I had one clerk pull out a pen and a pad saying here let me show you they are a deal at $35. I'm thinking I dont care how you show me $35 isnt a deal.

I also went thru this with various things, logo pen, logo refrigerator magnet, logo long sleeved shirt. Things rang up higher than marked. 

They are out of the amenity rcl towels so I thought get my own. I could use some at home. So I bought the 2 sets. The sign printed in the shops now says caps shirts and towels 2 for $35. Clearly marked 16.95 individually. I did get them 2 for $25 and didnt ask for my rcl logo discount. Went to the mgr of the stores who rang them up and laughed about the tags saying everything is going up in his Irish brogue. 

20220525_031324.jpg

• Like 3

Me in the ship's store, taking pics of prices, then......amazoning in, checking prices there in comparison.

On our 2017 med, out of curiosity, picked up a can of pringles just to see how much....$9. Let that sink in. 

I think last fall a can of pringles was 5.99, now it's either 6.99 or 7.99 a can. 

I go to 7 11 in cozumel and bought some a cabin steward asked for. Still spent $13.xx. .. lol but I got a $10 bag that says cozumel I like. 

Magnets are 2 for $12 but on liberty you can buy one for $6. I thought I got one to match but forgot which one I bought that says liberty. Plus misc lol. Didnt get matching but says grandeur. Migjt never be on this ship again. The paper tag on the back of the magnet says 7.95 but it scanned at 8.95. Took like 3 times to the mgr guy to get prices that were said in the store lol. 

Sweatshirts  .. long sleeved something same identical some were 56.95 and some were 65.95.. so you know those are on their way up. I got a bottle of don julio anjeo tequila, the best they carried so I made out like a bandit. 

I also got a crystal block for grandeur. My suitcase weighed a ton. I was so glad to make it home without burst suitcase. I honestly wasnt sure if I would book grandeur again. Last time I came home with a 6 pack of rum cakes among other suff. This ship didnt have much selection but a shirt, magnet, 2 towels etc all saying grandeur and the crystal block. I'm good.