Flight time after returning to Vancouver from cruise

Hi all - we are a family from Toronto who will be cruising mid-August to Alaska, departing from Vancouver.  Our ship, Serenade of the Seas, will be arriving back into Vancouver port at 7 am.  Our flight back to Toronto is at 11 am that same day.  I'm second guessing now, and feel it might be too close.  Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, Mestizaqueen said:

Hi all - we are a family from Toronto who will be cruising mid-August to Alaska, departing from Vancouver.  Our ship, Serenade of the Seas, will be arriving back into Vancouver port at 7 am.  Our flight back to Toronto is at 11 am that same day.  I'm second guessing now, and feel it might be too close.  Thoughts?

Its too early for my comfort. We walked off a Princess ship with our luggage last weekend, took the skytrain, and arrived at our gate just after 10:30am. And that was with no unexpected delays and no lines at the airport. At least you are flying within Canada though and dont have to deal with the US Covid testing!

Edited by Buckeye10640

From what I'm hearing, you're unlikely to make that.  My flight is 12:45 and I've been told good luck.

Editing to add: Maybe since you're flying within Canada it'll be different though??  

Edited by texasweather

We also will be cruising on Serenade in Mid September and opted for a 1:50pm  departing flight...I would have loved to take the noon flight but didn't want to chance it. Best of luck to you.

Given that it's Security, not US Preclearance, that is causing all the problems right now Domestic flights are being impacted proportionately worse!

11am is still doable, but you really do need to be self-disembarking and know where to find SkyTrain in case the cab queues are already getting long. Even if you dock at 7am, you might find that Eclipse gets cleared to disembark first so all of their self-carry folks have taken the cabs - and Covid quarantine transport timing could interrupt passenger flow at any time.

I would really want to be at YVR by 9am for a domestic flight - there's a very good chance of that if you are in the first batch of people off, as those would be well before 8am normally with a 30-35min cab ride/26min SkyTrain trip ahead.

So if your kids are big enough to drag their own stuff, 11am is probably safe - but if we're talking strollers, you parents dragging your own plus a childs suitcase, change the flight to later in the day. Canada Place staff do enforce the 'one hand free to ride the escalator' rule, and the bottleneck of waiting for limited elevator space adds yet another delay for you.