Anyone test positive after land tour and not able to take cruise??

Gray Lady

Just wanting to know if anyone had a land tour before cruising, tested positive before boarding, and had to quarantine, missing their cruise? If so, any insight on what happened, thoughts on how you caught it, and suggestions for others? Any insights would help those of us who are starting our tours in the next few weeks. Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

Yes - I just read someone who tested positive on their cruise tour and missed their cruise. I can't find the thread anymore.

Thanks. Hopefully more info will be posted.

I even posted to the the thread but when I search my posts, I can't find it anymore.

Someone had tested positive on their Princess cruise tour and were going to be at Captain Cook in Anchorage as they could not go on to their Princess cruise.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I even posted to the the thread but when I search my posts, I can't find it anymore.

Someone had tested positive on their Princess cruise tour and were going to be at Captain Cook in Anchorage as they could not go on to their Princess cruise.

Thank you.

My BFF and her husband took the Pre cruise land tour and were planning to meet us on the ship.  Unfortunately, her husband tested positive at the end of the land tour and could not make the cruise.  They were quarantined in a hotel in Anchorage for 5 days and then they flew home.  

13 minutes ago, luv2cruise668 said:

My BFF and her husband took the Pre cruise land tour and were planning to meet us on the ship.  Unfortunately, her husband tested positive at the end of the land tour and could not make the cruise.  They were quarantined in a hotel in Anchorage for 5 days and then they flew home.  

Thank you. Do you know any other details, such as how many people tested positive? Were people wearing masks? Did they wear masks on the plane flying up to Alaska? Anything that would help us when we leave in a few weeks to avoid that would be appreciated. 

21 hours ago, Gray Lady said:

Thank you. Do you know any other details, such as how many people tested positive? Were people wearing masks? Did they wear masks on the plane flying up to Alaska? Anything that would help us when we leave in a few weeks to avoid that would be appreciated. 

On their particular land cruise, there were 4 people that tested positive and 6 total quarantined.  I know my BFF and her husband wore their masks all the time.  There is no guaranteed way to prevent Covid.  They were both extremely careful, but they caught it anyway.  His symptoms were VERY mild.  He just thought it was allergies or a cold.  She never caught it even though they were in the same room.  

I know there were quite a others on different land cruises that tested positive but I don't have exact numbers.  I had just heard from talking to others on the ship.

2 hours ago, luv2cruise668 said:

On their particular land cruise, there were 4 people that tested positive and 6 total quarantined.  I know my BFF and her husband wore their masks all the time.  There is no guaranteed way to prevent Covid.  They were both extremely careful, but they caught it anyway.  His symptoms were VERY mild.  He just thought it was allergies or a cold.  She never caught it even though they were in the same room.  

I know there were quite a others on different land cruises that tested positive but I don't have exact numbers.  I had just heard from talking to others on the ship.

Thank you for the information. That is my greatest fear: that we test positive and can’t board for our first cruise ever! There is no guarantee to stay safe. All we can do is try our best to be careful, but it is difficult when they have people all together on motor coaches and trains. I do believe airports are places where you can catch it easily. Glad that their symptoms were mild and they are okay. Just keeping our fingers crossed! 🤞

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Gray Lady said:

Thank you for the information. That is my greatest fear: that we test positive and can’t board for our first cruise ever! There is no guarantee to stay safe. All we can do is try our best to be careful, but it is difficult when they have people all together on motor coaches and trains. I do believe airports are places where you can catch it easily. Glad that their symptoms were mild and they are okay. Just keeping our fingers crossed! 🤞

That is part of the reason why my husband and I decided to do our own land tour.  We fly into Fairbanks and rented  a car and a cabin for 4 nights we will not be with alot of people on large tours to aid us in testing negative once we arrive in Talkeetna where we will test.