Anyone used a recovery letter instead of pre embarkation antigen test?

lissie

Fully vaxed - tested positive for Covid 8 May - my partner a few days later. Both are now fine. We are  told not to retest for 90 days because of the risk of a  historic positive result. 

We have proof of positive result - PCR test - and can get dr to write a letter that we are fit to travel. 

That will get us into the  USA on the 14 July (within 90 days) - but  I can find nothing about using it to get onto the ship on the 24 July? 

Has anyone done this? 

I've been studying the underlying issue. At the risk of turning this into a COVID thread, I think you're less likely to have a residual false positive from an antigen test than from a PCR test. A PCR test can be sensitive to inactive virus fragments that the body can shed for weeks following infection, while the US CDC considers an antigen test to be indicative of a current infection which can be assumed to be contagious.

I believe that without an active infection you are quite unlikely to test positive on an Antigen test, therefore a positive antigen test would not be considered indicative of a past infection that is currently non-contagious.

I've recently tested positive on an Antigen test following recovery from a mild COVID infection. This is believed to be a "rebound" due to having taken Pfizer's Paxlovid antiviral during my earlier illness.

• Like 1

Just off the QM2, 21 night NYC to Southampton to Norway to NYC, May 21 - June 5.  We tested on May 14, negative.  But on May 21 I tested positive and was put into an isolation cabin for 10 days.  At the end of the trip, Cunard’s medical center issued me a “Letter of Recovery” stating that I had completed the 10 day isolation and thus was safe to travel.  I hope this helps….if they say I’m safe, it seems they should accept yours.  (Mine included dates and times of positive test and info on what type of test was used, what lab and what doctor was responsible for each.)

My husband tested negative….continued to test negative for 5 days and was never isolated.  So he got to tour Norway, while I only got to look at it from the balcony.  The good news (and the infuriating news!) is that I never felt sick, just lonely.

Barbara M. In NH

• Like 1