Covid test before boarding Holland cruise and again before flying back to US

WeatherFun

We will fly to Vancouver on July 2, stay in a hotel for 4 nights, then take Holland Alaska round trip from July 6 to July 13, fly back to US around 7pm on July 13. After reading many threads here, I come up with the following plans for our Covid testing before boarding the cruise and again before flying back to US. Please let me know whether this works. Thanks.

1) Order government issued free Covid-testing Kits. Then buy observed Test from  https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/. This option is cheaper than eMed. Because Holland cruise requires test no more than 2 days, we could take the test any time on July 4 or later in the hotel room before boarding the cruise on July 6. 

2) Since the airline requires test no more than 1 day, we need to take the test on July 12 or later before boarding the flight back to US on July 13. We have bought Holland Premium Wifi Package. Will the signal at sea be strong enough for testing on July 12 or could we do the testing at port Vancouver on July 13 before disembark?

Edited by WeatherFun
  • Like 1

OP, We're doing the exact same thing for our upcoming Vancouver/Alaska cruise in 2 weeks.

We've just did the same proctored test thru rapidtestandtrace & using the free iHealth test kits from USPS in Amsterdam 3 days ago to fly back to the US.

Worked perfectly.  Like it better than the Emed.

So ordered 4 more proctored tests thru them again, $20 each...

3 hours ago, WeatherFun said:

We will fly to Vancouver on July 2, stay in a hotel for 4 nights, then take Holland Alaska round trip from July 6 to July 13, fly back to US around 7pm on July 13. After reading many threads here, I come up with the following plans for our Covid testing before boarding the cruise and again before flying back to US. Please let me know whether this works. Thanks.

1) Order government issued free Covid-testing Kits. Then buy observed Test from  https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/. This option is cheaper than eMed. Because Holland cruise requires test no more than 2 days, we could take the test any time on July 4 or later in the hotel room before boarding the cruise on July 6. 

2) Since the airline requires test no more than 1 day, we need to take the test on July 12 or later before boarding the flight back to US on July 13. We have bought Holland Premium Wifi Package. Will the signal at sea be strong enough for testing on July 12 or could we do the testing at port Vancouver on July 13 before disembark?

HAL told me their premium wi-fi would support a video call. I am sure many people are doing this now, and I have not read where anyone was unable to do a proctored test. Hopefully more people will check in on the subject this weekend.