NCL Getaway July 9-16, 2022-H9-Live w/pics

graphicguy

We reserved an Ocean Villa on GSC, I could hear the music playing from the main beach area I should of headed over there, sounded like a good time, our area was too quite for my taste.....I like a party atmosphere. Ocean Blue, Bread was great, Scallops with Pork Bellies was phenomenal, I had some sort of Fisherman's Platter.....food poisoning took me out for almost 24 hours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oracer said:

Which bar is the smoked bourbon at?

Haven Bar!

But, my other favorite hangout is the Sunset Bar, outside on deck 8.  Cool group of people hang out there, plus they make a good Manhattan, just not the Smokey kind.

9 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

We reserved an Ocean Villa on GSC, I could hear the music playing from the main beach area I should of headed over there, sounded like a good time, our area was too quite for my taste.....I like a party atmosphere. Ocean Blue, Bread was great, Scallops with Pork Bellies was phenomenal, I had some sort of Fisherman's Platter.....food poisoning took me out for almost 24 hours.

Band was good. Listened right in front of them for about 30 minutes while drinking a beer.  It was scorching hot, though.

Those Villas looked really nice.  But, would have been a waste on me.  It seemed most gathered around the food and bar areas.  I found a nice lounger under a tree a little further away.  Which was perfect for me!

53 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

But….COFFEE is imperative.

Gosh, I'm stunned you're awake after the party last night! I'd still be passed out...and definitely not ready to go to a M&G. You're living large so far! Keep on having a blast!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Band was good. Listened right in front of them for about 30 minutes while drinking a beer.  It was scorching hot, though.

Those Villas looked really nice.  But, would have been a waste on me.  It seemed most gathered around the food and bar areas.  I found a nice lounger under a tree a little further away.  Which was perfect for me!

The Villa was nice, don't get me wrong, we shared the entire Cove with 6 other people, no real action, no party, no dancing to the music, a little disappointed.

DSCF0675.JPG

• Haha 1

Did the M&G…about 20 participants.

Highlights…

-3,556 guests and 1,600 crew on board

~96% capacity

-12 positive COVID cases

-28 bars 

-management has 4 months in and 2 months off, they spend 2-3 years on their assigned ship before moving on

-Capt is CAPT LUIGI….rest of management outlined in the pic.

They had snacks….

2EFC0760-BD63-49E4-993A-DEFA3C22D8BF.jpeg

1CB83414-C717-4E31-9934-2744128B1DF5.jpeg

73BF21C0-6CAE-4252-9CE6-7AEAD7FF2ED1.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Gosh, I'm stunned you're awake after the party last night! I'd still be passed out...and definitely not ready to go to a M&G. You're living large so far! Keep on having a blast!

This cruise is not for the faint of heart….😄😂

10 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Wow.  I thought NCL was keeping things at 75% max until August.

I know I’m in the Haven.  But I spend most of my time in other parts of the ship.  Being at what is essentially capacity, it doesn’t feel crowded.  Around  the pool area it is.   But, it’s a sea day….so that’s expected!

Even the elevators aren’t crowded and they’re quick!

Lots of pleasanT surprises….

• Like 2

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Haven Bar!

But, my other favorite hangout is the Sunset Bar, outside on deck 8.  Cool group of people hang out there, plus they make a good Manhattan, just not the Smokey kind.

Why have I never heard of this "smoked bourbon"? OMG - that sounds so good!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, smillerholmes said:

Why have I never heard of this "smoked bourbon"? OMG - that sounds so good!

It is!

From memory…

-Buffalo Trace Bourbon

-Cherries Marinated in brandy, muddled on the glass

-cinnamon stick 

-orange peel 

-smoked with apple wood chips

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

It is!

From memory…

-Buffalo Trace Bourbon

-Cherries Marinated in brandy, muddled on the glass

-cinnamon stick 

-orange peel 

-smoked with apple wood chips

Don't quote me on it, but I think one of the smoked bourbon drinks they make is called a 007.  I had it in the Haven bar on the Escape almost every night.  Top notch and different where they add maple syrup to it instead of simple syrup.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

The Villa was nice, don't get me wrong, we shared the entire Cove with 6 other people, no real action, no party, no dancing to the music, a little disappointed.

DSCF0675.JPG

Shows different strokes for different folks--that sounds like heaven to us! 

• Like 2