MSC CRUISE - CHRISTMAS 2022

Little Bear1

Hi  I'm thinking about going on my first MSC cruise on 23rd December to Hamburg, zeebrugge, La Harve and Rotterdam.  I was wondering if anyone has done this cruise before and could tell me if it's worth doing.  I was wondering if the seas would be rough?ough that time of year.

I think this season is the first winter where there have been winter cruises in Northern Europe.

For Christmas MSC typically has a special dinner and theatre show on the 24th December (which is when most people in continental Europe celebrate).  In the years before corona the menu was from a celebrity chef, but last year I think it was more put together onboard (still very novel and delicious though).  

• Like 1

Went on this cruise beginning of Dec last year 2021 and they were starting to put the Xmas decorations up on the ship. That was on the Magnifica and yes it was a rough one so much so we couldn't get into Zeebrugge and had an extra night in Ijmuiden (Amsterdam) instead. Got to Hamburg and it snowed. Anyway that aside I am on the cruise before 23rd Dec from Southampton the 16th Dec and Preziosa is a bigger ship but who knows what the weather will be like. Could be mild or freezing cold or blowing a gale. Was the cruise worth it  well I'm doing it again because I love xmas and I went for all the Xmas markets but sadly they were very covid restricted last year. Had to show passes etc and not as many as there would be normally and I really want to go to Bruges which I couldn't do last year. So hoping this year will be better to visit now covid restrictions have relaxed.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...