Is Embarkation Day Included in the "Within 3 Days" of testing requirement

Mflem1278

So if I am sailing on a Monday from Rome, can I have my test in the United States on Friday before I fly on Saturday?  Or do I have to wait and test on Saturday or Sunday or Monday before boarding in Rome?  I am confused on when the 3 days starts......  Does the 3 days include embarkation day, or is it the 3 days BEFORE embarkation.   I know I have seen the answer to this somewhere but can't find it again.  Any help would be appreciated.  THANK YOU.

Based on current European Union Healthy Gateways (EUHG) guidelines, to board the ship, all guests ages five years and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within three days of embarkation. These protocols are subject to change and we’ll communicate any updates as they become available. Current testing requirements are as follows:

Vaccination Status

European Union Healthy Gateways Guideline

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated (ages 18 years old and above)

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen or PCR

Within 3 days