OnPoint COVID Testing?

happy cruzin

Has anyone used OnPoint testing for cruising with MSC??

Seems to operate like eMed - monitored testing and an official result that you can give to the cruise line - but you use one of your test at home kits. Has a very reasonable fee.

FAQ’s say it qualifies for anywhere that accepts an Antigen test.

285859599_10224068464796780_4695398152258043777_n.jpg

Just in case you haven't seen this paragraph  (though you probably have):

Tests must be taken with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain, diagnostic lab, or accredited at-home telehealth provider. Guests will be required to show their negative test results upon arriving at the pier. The results can be printed out or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Test results will need to clearly show the type of test (Antigen, RT-PCR, or NAAT), testing location/provider’s name, a negative result, the guest’s name, and the date and time the test was taken.

I guess the question is are they accredited and can whatever test result they send you to print out contain all the required elements. I don't have a definite answer either.

Oh and part of the above recently changed. Results on the phone are no longer accepted. It must be printed out.

Bret

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Just in case you haven't seen this paragraph  (though you probably have):

Tests must be taken with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain, diagnostic lab, or accredited at-home telehealth provider. Guests will be required to show their negative test results upon arriving at the pier. The results can be printed out or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Test results will need to clearly show the type of test (Antigen, RT-PCR, or NAAT), testing location/provider’s name, a negative result, the guest’s name, and the date and time the test was taken.

I guess the question is are they accredited and can whatever test result they send you to print out contain all the required elements. I don't have a definite answer either.

Oh and part of the above recently changed. Results on the phone are no longer accepted. It must be printed out.

Bret

Hey Bret,

The part about not being able to provide the results from your phone is worrisome. What source do you have for this change to the policy?

Thanks,

Bill

48 minutes ago, KnoxRunner said:

Hey Bret,

The part about not being able to provide the results from your phone is worrisome. What source do you have for this change to the policy?

Thanks,

Bill

Bret is a TA , who books quite a bit with MSC. They receive updates before the general public.

Cruisers have reported that they received emails before embarkation stating that printed results now required .

Edited by phissy

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Bret is a TA , who books quite a bit with MSC. They receive updates before the general public.

Cruisers have reported that they received emails before embarkation stating that printed results now required .

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up for me. My family and I leave in 2 weeks so we will make sure and have the test results printed out.

😁

• Like 1