BofA warns cruise demand eroding

kangforpres

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

Sure and you might want to go back and read what I said in 68

where I said

While not projecting a major cruise line BK, I would not be surprised if CCL, or RCL, or NCLH were to do an airline style bankruptcy where they wipe out the shareholders and issue new equity to the debt holders and retire the existing debt.

Where I clearly compared cruise line to when airlines have declared BK

to which you commented in 77

Not to mention the airlines had a soft landing  funded by the Feds. Highly unlikely in the case of cruising. 

To which I commented that the government has not participated to help out an airline when they have gone through BK.  Which was the context of the previous discussion comparing the route a cruise line might take if they were to declare BK, as a comparison with how airlines have done it repeatedly without negatively passengers at the time the action was taken.

Why would you assume my comment (77) was a reply specifically  to your comment (68)???  There was entire discussion taking place. You know what they say about assumptions. 

My comment stands - the airlines are often granted a soft place to land when times get tough. Specifically when events happen out of their control (911 and covid come to mind). Cruise lines are not offered the same luxury. 

17 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Why would you assume my comment (77) was a reply specifically  to your comment (68)???  There was entire discussion taking place. You know what they say about assumptions. 

My comment stands - the airlines are often granted a soft place to land when times get tough. Specifically when events happen out of their control (911 and covid come to mind). Cruise lines are not offered the same luxury. 

Considering that the only statement that mentioned both cruiselines and airlines together in the entire stream prior to yours in 77 was my comment in 68 that if they were to take the Bk route it would be airline style restructuring.

Since mine is the only post mentioning them together prior to your post it made it rather likely.

Edited by ldtr