Cabana Beach

doppelganger2621

4 hours ago, doppelganger2621 said:

We just a booked a cabana here during our port stop in Cozumel in a couple weeks: https://thecabanabeach.com/

Recommendation came from another cruiser who had booked but never been here. Reviews online look absolutely amazing. Has anyone been here before? Comments on experience?

Have you tried the search engine for this forum? There have been a few previous reviews. Also local forum on TripAdvisor.

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Have you tried the search engine for this forum? There have been a few previous reviews. Also local forum on TripAdvisor.

Yep, I have. Last thread was started in 2021 and the last comment was March and it wasn't a review. Last post "reviewing" the location was last July. The "blogpost" review on the thread is from three years ago.

Ergo, I am asking for any recent experiences with this location, as perhaps someone who has gone more recently isn't going through threads from March, or is cruising soon and gone previously will see this post soliciting advice. 

1 minute ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Yep, I have. Last thread was started in 2021 and the last comment was March and it wasn't a review. Last post "reviewing" the location was last July. The "blogpost" review on the thread is from three years ago.

Ergo, I am asking for any recent experiences with this location, as perhaps someone who has gone more recently isn't going through threads from March, or is cruising soon and gone previously will see this post soliciting advice. 

OK, I wasn’t keeping track I just recall seeing reports since cruising resumed last summer and there were special promotional prices. 

I see prices have gone up now but they still seem much lower than when they originally opened. Enjoy your day and I look forward to your report.

9 hours ago, doppelganger2621 said:

We just a booked a cabana here during our port stop in Cozumel in a couple weeks: https://thecabanabeach.com/

Recommendation came from another cruiser who had booked but never been here. Reviews online look absolutely amazing. Has anyone been here before? Comments on experience?

I haven't been there yet, but I did learn of The Cabana Beach on here and it looks absolutely fabulous! I have a cabana booked for our cruise next year! I look forward to hearing what you think about it!

We were there at the end of March.  Two couples, rented Cabana #4 for the day.  Beautiful area, Excellent service, drinks were reasonable.  They give you a fruit platter and guacamole/salsa & chips.  Snorkeling equipment was included.  Area is small, only a few cabanas were rented on the day we were there.  If all cabanas were filled, it might be too much.  People next to us brought a speaker and were playing music a bit loud.  The management came over to them and asked them to lower it.  They are all about relaxing and enjoying the view.  

This is not really a beach.  Access to the water was down a set of metal steps which were tough on the feet.  If you're not snorkeling and wearing flippers, wear water shoes.  Water at bottom of stairs is probably 6-8-10 ft deep.  Snorkeling was decent.  Saw parrot fish and quite a few spotted rays as well as other fish.  If you're not a good swimmer, this area could be challenging.

Our friends walked over to Chakanaub (sp?) Park.  They weren't impressed.  

The cabanas were nice with a couch and lounge and small table.  Two loungers outside the cabana and several hammocks close by.  All in all, a relaxing place.  We would definitely return.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We were there in April, and I second everything that @pklein9747 wrote. 

Best for: relaxing and snorkeling. We really, really enjoyed the snorkeling here -right off the shore (but yes, down steps not wade in - the area has sand but it must be brought in because there is no natural sandy slope to the water, but that is what makes the snorkeling so good). I could have snorkeled for hours, just up and down the shoreline.

I would also skip Chankanaab next time. The Mayan area was somewhat interesting to walk around, and I think the park would be better than the cabanas if you have younger kids, but not worth going a second time with my teens, even with the discounted price.

We did Paradise Beach a la carte for a few hours in the morning so the kids could do the inflatables and we ate over there, then headed to the Cabanas for the afternoon to snorkel and chill as Paradise Beach got more crowded. It was a really, really nice day. I think the food was a bit better at Paradise Beach - my husband stayed at the Cabanas for the full day because he had to work (said it was REALLY nice to work in a cabana on a beach if he had to work on vacation, LOL) and said the guac was canned, not fresh, and the food was just mediocre. Kids didn't like their smoothies either. Our food over at Paradise Beach was really good. We did all share the fruit plate at Cabana Beach - that was delicious. However, their credit card machine was "broken" and we had to pay with cash even thought I had checked beforehand about paying with credit. We ended up using a lot of cash on the food and drinks there that we hadn't planned for (in addition to an extra taxi ride due to an attempted scam, but that's another story...)

The entrance is a little strange - I felt like we were "backstage" - but people greeted us and showed us the way to our cabana (we had #2). The people who work here were fantastic.

Happy to answer any other questions!