Ex-Air not ticketing flights less than one week away

Schnauzerguy

Because of a family illness I had to cancel the first leg of a b2b cruise.  This resulted in me needing to change my arriving flight to my cruise by a week.  After 5 hours on hold I reached an Ez-Air agent who rebooked my departure flight for a fee of roughly on and one half times my original total airfare (came out to more than my cancelled cruise fare).  I had to pay immediately at that point on Monday, upon looking for seats I find the new itinerary has not been ticketed.  I call Ez-Air emergency number am informed it will be ticketed in three days.  Today Thursday is day 4, I discover this morning that not only have the flights still not been ticketed, the first leg had been canceled for non payment.  Another call to the emergency travel line resulted in them reinstating my first leg of the departure but the agent was still unable to issue the ticket.  I am unsure who to elevate this issue and how to get this resolved.  This struggle is making me re-think ever sailing with Princess again.

28 minutes ago, Schnauzerguy said:

Because of a family illness I had to cancel the first leg of a b2b cruise.  This resulted in me needing to change my arriving flight to my cruise by a week.  After 5 hours on hold I reached an Ez-Air agent who rebooked my departure flight for a fee of roughly on and one half times my original total airfare (came out to more than my cancelled cruise fare).  I had to pay immediately at that point on Monday, upon looking for seats I find the new itinerary has not been ticketed.  I call Ez-Air emergency number am informed it will be ticketed in three days.  Today Thursday is day 4, I discover this morning that not only have the flights still not been ticketed, the first leg had been canceled for non payment.  Another call to the emergency travel line resulted in them reinstating my first leg of the departure but the agent was still unable to issue the ticket.  I am unsure who to elevate this issue and how to get this resolved.  This struggle is making me re-think ever sailing with Princess again.

Or, just don’t use EZAIR.

You paid immediately, they need to ticket.  Can you tell them to call the ticketing department, while you hold?  I would ask for a supervisor in the EZAir department. What is the ticketing deadline for the airline?  It may be 24 hours and thats why the first flight was cancelled.

Don’t wait till the weekend, may be even harder to get someone on the phone.

Also, do you have insurance that may help with the fees due to family illness?

Copy everything.

Let us know what happens.

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Or, just don’t use EZAIR.

You paid immediately, they need to ticket.  Can you tell them to call the ticketing department, while you hold?  I would ask for a supervisor in the EZAir department. What is the ticketing deadline for the airline?  It may be 24 hours and thats why the first flight was cancelled.

Don’t wait till the weekend, may be even harder to get someone on the phone.

Also, do you have insurance that may help with the fees due to family illness?

Copy everything.

Let us know what happens.

I am working the insurance piece right now and I did talk to a helpful agent who was trying to get the ticket issued but having trouble.  She took my phone number and escalated the issue for resolution. I will give them a little time to resolve but meanwhile I forwarded this to every executive email I could find at Princess. The ticketing deadline was apparently 3 days as my domestic flight to connect to my international flight was what disappeared triggering my current panic.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Schnauzerguy said:

I am working the insurance piece right now and I did talk to a helpful agent who was trying to get the ticket issued but having trouble.  She took my phone number and escalated the issue for resolution. I will give them a little time to resolve but meanwhile I forwarded this to every executive email I could find at Princess. The ticketing deadline was apparently 3 days as my domestic flight to connect to my international flight was what disappeared triggering my current panic.

Best of luck!

Just got a call back from Princess and my flights are now ticketed and they are refunding the additional charges that were assessed in changing the air.  I dont know if my posting all over and emailing the complete executive suite had anything to do with this but at this point I am at least less depressed over this whole saga than I had been.  With the amount of time this has taken I don’t know how anyone but a retired person could have done this.  Still need to get seats to Rome, that is the next challenge.  I also need to cancel a trip insurance claim I made for the increased airfare, haven’t figured out how to do that yet but that seems minor right now.  Maybe this trip will happen yet!

• Like 1