Emerald Princess British Isles COVID.

majortom10

8 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Last day today, not much to report, this has been our smoothest round Britain cruise flat seas most of the way.

South Queensferry we got 2 local vessels to support the tenders our elite got us on when we were ready and return there was no real line or wait even though we got back same time as a couple of excursion coaches.

Local cruise bus(X99) is £10 for a full day ticket no need for the princess offering.

Our dinner at 8pm has worked out great same table every night.

This is way off routine for us as we are normally fully flexible(NCL fans)

Still no C word conversations the coughing has increased a bit, we had one passenger down our hall disappear, there was a trolley that looked like it was full of bedding with an orange cover and a person with sanitising equipment (not regular team) was in and out.

Today I did a walk about to find quarantine deck.

Aloha forward elevators locked off both sides.

Port side locked of back to the fire door between mid and aft most of the cabins aft of that empty including the suites.

Starboard back to the fire door between forward and  mid. Judging by the service trolleys normal use aft  from there.

There are around 100 crew leaving the ship in Southampton, last of the opening team, talking to a supervisor they are not sure if they will all get replaced, with transport and possibly of some having to quarantine if positive could leave them short.

I was told the issues with restaurants being shut and only Sabatini or Crown Grill is a chef shortage.

I posted elsewhere one surprise was over 1000 passengers were new to Princess this cruise.

Probably the great rates for us in the UK attracting business.

Any questions?

Did you happen to hear what the minimum days was for the "Most Traveled"  Elite luncheon or the total days for the Most Traveled couple ?

50 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Did you happen to hear what the minimum days was for the "Most Traveled"  Elite luncheon or the total days for the Most Traveled couple ?

I was too slow to get 3rd. (Days cruises)

2. 1033 34?

1. 1611 126

238 Elite 

435 Platinum

2461 pax (1054 new)

1028 crew

The only thing I have for the disembark is the schedule

IMG_20220625_145743.thumb.jpg.2c86cf10ce07be32c54516af9bc6a7b3.jpg

The first announcement was 7:15

Did not hear any others.

We were Navy blue 2

Our toilet broke and overflowed the bathroom which upset our schedule to be out of cabin by 8am in the end it was 9am

(No plumber available they were doing luggage)

Mayflower terminal can be a bit chaotic as quite cramped, no idea what it was like between 7and 9 fine when we were collecting our bags probably a couple of hundred bags left.

Taxi to car(£8 Sunday rates) on our way by 9:20, home 11:30 roads busy but no hold ups the airport coaches should have made good time.

• Thanks 1

I can answer questions but these days it's cruise to cruise never know what will carry over

My main takeaways.

You can still social distance at these capacities except the theatre, we did find space for rock opera 10pm show.

Staff levels can result in odd venue options, bar hours and restaurants availability.

Food is getting there, buffet was a bit repetitive.

Entertainment is running on the 45min no overrun when the place is rocking.

Ship shuts down 11:45pm

We will monitor for improvement before committing to our next one.

Edited by insidecabin