Help!

jini

I was quoted a price of $228. from our travel agent for a transfer by water taxi from our hotel to where the Rotterdam is docked.

The hotel is the Amadeus located near the Rialto Bridge at Lista Di Spagna 227.

It is just my wife and I and I'm wondering if that price sounds right. It seems very high to me, but never having been in Venice, I don't know..

Any thoughts.

Thanks, Ed

That does seems pretty high. Check out some of the conversations on the Europe board on this subject. Also check out this web site which has lots of information about Venice.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

It may be the only way to get to your hotel from the ship with all your luggage will be a water taxi but you may be able to find a better price for the service.

Another option would be to check the roll call for your cruise and see if you can find others who may be staying in the same hotel or same area and who could share the water taxi with you.

There is also a thread on the HAL board about this topic you might want to check out. It is also about how to get from the ship to the hotel in Venice although it is a different hotel.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=304401

Have a great next cruise.

You can get the #1 or #82 vaporetto at Rialto to P. Roma and take a taxi from there. I think the vaporetto is 3.50 Euros, but if you are going to be a few days, by a pass. You get your money's worth as it is the only reasonable way to get around. From P.Roma you can take a taxi - about 15 Euros including tip - to the dock.

The drawback is having to carry your luggage, but if it is rolling cases they work fine. If you are really close to teh Rialto and do not have to cross the Rialto bridge you will be fine. The bridges usually have steps and you would have to carry the luggage up and down the steps.

Enjoy Venice - and your cruise

Archived