CruiseNext Certificates - Transfer upon a death?

sasand01

My father passed in November and had four CruiseNext credits remaining under his name.  My cruise consultant is telling me that we can't transfer them to my mother, his wife- even though I sent in his death certificate.  Anyone have any experience with a situation like this?  Have you been able to transfer those certificates to a spouse following a death? 

Many thanks, 

Sarah 

Note that my cruise consultant wasn't 100% and said she would look into it more- she seems new, and I know NCL policies change all the time, so figured I'd ask the community for their experience ☺️

5 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

CruiseNext certificates are transferrable for unlimited number of times. NCL does not need you to provide any reasons.

This is correct.  Though if Person A isn't around to transfer his certificate, I'd think a death certificate would suffice.  You might also need to prove you're the executor/administrator so they know you have the authority to dispose of his assets.

Of course, it's best to just ask the CruiseNext desk directly.  I'm sure this situation arises with some frequency.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, sasand01 said:

My father passed in November and had four CruiseNext credits remaining under his name.  My cruise consultant is telling me that we can't transfer them to my mother, his wife- even though I sent in his death certificate.  Anyone have any experience with a situation like this?  Have you been able to transfer those certificates to a spouse following a death? 

Many thanks, 

Sarah 

So very sorry for your loss…..