Dining: give me the low-down

BobCatter

55 minutes ago, Ceegeefl said:

We had the raisin pistachio  bun in the Living Room after Clay mentioned it and it was delicious! We proceeded to go down there almost every morning for at least the coffee-and several more pistachio buns!

YUM. So is this coffee included, or is it part of the Silver Seas bev package?

48 minutes ago, BobCatter said:

YUM. So is this coffee included, or is it part of the Silver Seas bev package?

Included in our cruise fare is complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and bottled water 24/7.

The only coffee that is not included in that perk are the coffees that have an alcoholic component (brandy, Bailey's, etc).

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

For dinner I would let the restaurant manager know a few days ahead of time and would ask for a quiet table by the window in The Restaurant.

Table #1 in the Restaurant. I presume they are numbered the same on all the ships. We were fortunate to snag this table a few times on our TA on the Sea in March. It’s quiet, out of the way, with views at the far end of the dining room.

• Like 1

My favorite dining for any meal is The Restaurant. The atmosphere is the perfect combination of celebration & calm depending on where you're seated. The room is broken into different sections. The aft area is the quieter. As expected the food is beautifully prepared & delicious. It is the service of the hard working servers who make a point of knowing your preferences. I've had the same server on four cruises(Denys). He's got my dining down to a routine!

• Like 1

Just completed the World Cruise. I am probably one of the minority out there that love the World Cafe. We ate there something like 400+ times during the cruise (counting breakfast, lunch, and dinner). We got to know the wonderful staff and they took very good care of us. We would take our time. First get a table (outside if the weather was at all good), then order drinks, then have some of the drink (or all of it :)), go up and get some appetizers (could be sushi, salad, crablegs, shrimp, other items), then main course, and sometimes dessert. We liked to peruse the offerings and pick what we liked at that particular moment. I know I am in the minority with my preference for World Cafe, but we really enjoyed it and ate at our own pace. We particularly loved eating on the Aquavit Terrace. So many great servers taking care of us made it extremely special!!

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

Just completed the World Cruise. I am probably one of the minority out there that love the World Cafe. We ate there something like 400+ times during the cruise (counting breakfast, lunch, and dinner). We got to know the wonderful staff and they took very good care of us. We would take our time. First get a table (outside if the weather was at all good), then order drinks, then have some of the drink (or all of it :)), go up and get some appetizers (could be sushi, salad, crablegs, shrimp, other items), then main course, and sometimes dessert. We liked to peruse the offerings and pick what we liked at that particular moment. I know I am in the minority with my preference for World Cafe, but we really enjoyed it and ate at our own pace. We particularly loved eating on the Aquavit Terrace. So many great servers taking care of us made it extremely special!!

We love the World Cafe, too, and this sums it up nicely. I also like that you can control portion sizes yourself and get small bites of various things. And we didn’t have to dress up after a long day excursioning. 

• Like 4

I'll second that JM0115, the World Cafe really suits us, especially as we can sample a 'taste' of many things rather than be restricted by the choice of three courses. It's perfect for portion control as well!

The staff in front of and behind counter were wonderfully friendly and helpful. We too sat outside whenever possible and were out there well after dark. We like the Chef's Table and partake of Manfredi's too but it's great to sit casually in the WC.

Just a little call out for the fishcake in Mamsen's at lunchtime. It doesn't appear to be advertised but is extraordinarily delicious served on a bed of leaves and avocado. Of course followed by one of the delicious raspberry tarts with crisp buttery French pastry.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Twitchly said:

We love the World Cafe, too, and this sums it up nicely. I also like that you can control portion sizes yourself and get small bites of various things. And we didn’t have to dress up after a long day excursioning. 

I suppose it depends on what you call "dress up." Is a pair of pants that are not jeans, cargo pants for instance, and a simple collared shirt (plaid flannel fits that bill) dressing up?

2 hours ago, duquephart said:

I suppose it depends on what you call "dress up." Is a pair of pants that are not jeans, cargo pants for instance, and a simple collared shirt (plaid flannel fits that bill) dressing up?

Heh. Not going there. The Great Testing Wars wore me out too much to dive back into the Proper Wardrobe Skirmishes right now. Try me again in a month or two.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

Heh. Not going there. The Great Testing Wars wore me out too much to dive back into the Proper Wardrobe Skirmishes right now. Try me again in a month or two.

Why wait? The answer is no.