On board COVID. Testing

bran60

From the Princess web site FAQ's:

Yes, anyone reporting or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be reviewed by the shipboard medical staff and tested for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). COVID-19 cases will be assessed and treated either in their stateroom or in a designated area of the Medical Center in a single occupancy ward.

Positive cases that do not require admission to the ship’s medical center, or medical disembarkation, will most likely be moved to a different stateroom for the duration of isolation.

If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are quarantined or medically isolated during your voyage as a result of a positive COVID-19 test during your cruise or are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit for missed cruise days, including time in quarantine, for you, your travel party and any confirmed close contacts.

If you have purchased a travel protection plan through us, you and your travel companion may make a claim for a refund under the trip interruption benefit instead of receiving the FCC.

Guests ages five and above on back-to-back voyages will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the following voyage, where the following voyage includes a transocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

• Thanks 1

When we experienced symptoms, we followed directions by calling and reporting it and they sent a medic to our room to administer the Covid test.  We were notified a little while later that we had a positive result and instructions on how we would proceed.  

I should also mention that we also did our own self test before calling as well and we let them know that we had performed the antigen self test.  They did a PCR test.

Edited by Coffeeluvr05

We just got off our cruise a week ago.  COVID testing is all on the honor system while at sea.  There was nothing really mentioned about COVID during our cruise.  People could have minor symptoms, not test and nobody would know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mandyq1030 said:

We just got off our cruise a week ago.  COVID testing is all on the honor system while at sea.  There was nothing really mentioned about COVID during our cruise.  People could have minor symptoms, not test and nobody would know.

There was a notice in our cabin upon embarkation that instructed us to notify the ship's medical staff at the onset of any symptoms.  While yes, it requires honesty, I cannot imagine anyone not wanting to get tested to be sure that they don't have Covid knowing that some will not have minor symptoms should they catch it.  I have been back for two weeks and I still have a pretty bad cough.  I also had a secondary infection that I had to get an antibiotic to help with.  

10 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

There was a notice in our cabin upon embarkation that instructed us to notify the ship's medical staff at the onset of any symptoms.  While yes, it requires honesty, I cannot imagine anyone not wanting to get tested to be sure that they don't have Covid knowing that some will not have minor symptoms should they catch it.  I have been back for two weeks and I still have a pretty bad cough.  I also had a secondary infection that I had to get an antibiotic to help with.  

What ship?