Future Cruise Deposit Question

linaka625

I can't find the answer to my question anywhere.

I have one FCD, and I am looking at a cruise that requires a deposit of $250 per person.  I will be cruising with my adult daughter and son, who do not have any FCD's.  Will they need to pay the full $250 deposit, and then my FCD is my deposit?

TIA.

• Like 1

Yep. Your FCD covers your entire deposit. The others who don't have FCD will have to pay the full deposit. You will get OBC from using your FCD. The other's won't get the OBC.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My TA has been able to get the passenger without FCD a $100 refundable deposit.  I use my FCD.  I don't ask how.

Thanks!  I was able to book online, and the deposit for the other passenger was $100.00.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My TA has been able to get the passenger without FCD a $100 refundable deposit.  I use my FCD.  I don't ask how.

20 minutes ago, linaka625 said:

Thanks!  I was able to book online, and the deposit for the other passenger was $100.00.

Interesting. I know that's not "supposed" to be how it works but if one can manage it that's cool. It's not really the deposit that I care so much about although that is nice - after all I'll have to pay the money eventually anyway - I want the OBC from using the FCD.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Interesting. I know that's not "supposed" to be how it works but if one can manage it that's cool. It's not really the deposit that I care so much about although that is nice - after all I'll have to pay the money eventually anyway - I want the OBC from using the FCD.

Absolutely the main purpose of FCDs.  In the past, I have always felt that way.  They are going to get my funds one way or another.   Up until my last cruise when they had all of my sisters' payments and did not issue any interest for their cancelled cruise (insurance).