Current White Pass Train situation and NCL excursion?

cruisertina

We are sailing on Encore in July and the excursion WHITE PASS RAILWAY & YUKON EXPEDITION is still showing up as an available excursion. What is happening to the people who book that excursion now? We have family members who have booked it.  The train starts in Fraser which is not supposed to be happening now. I'm surprised it is still showing up. Is the rest of tour still happening and the train part cancelled?

Something is not quite right here ?

Fraser is the launch point for most all of the combo bus/train excursions.

Fraser is 7 miles beyond the Border crossing at the Summit.

Did Canada finally throw in the towel and allow the WPYRR excursions to proceed 

pass the Summit ?

I am sure if that did happen there would be a whole lot of hoopla on CC about that !

Where did you read that it is still available? Some tour agencies have not updated their information, but they should have by now. There will be no train/ bus combos this season from what I understand, and I know for sure that it has not changed so far. During these times I would advise to book directly with your tour company that is providing your tour if you can. You can be sure to get the most updated information directly from them, and more quickly.

Princess had a similar excursion still listed long after Canada said they wouldn't allow it. Princess only changed that excursion a week or 2 before the cruise sailed. It changed to the train that stays in Alaska plus a bus tour of Skagway, so it no longer included the Canada part at all. I had canceled my bus up / train down excursion in April shortly after the announcement that there would be no 2022 combo tours.

My opinion is that there are 2 possible reasons the cruise lines are still listing some of the train tours into Canada: 

1. They are hoping Canada changes their Covid requirements at some point and the White Pass Railway will decide to go into Canada. That is why they are only canceling 2-3 weeks ahead of the cruise. 

2. They are short staffed and don’t have enough employees to update the websites and / or process the refunds if they cancel all the longer train tours that have been booked at one time. 

Edited by JT1962