Late flight out of LIMA

Slam725

American has changed our flight, and we may have to fly out of Lima a little after midnight.  How have precious cruisers managed this.. is there a hotel,that would allow day use near the airport?

As nobody else has replied, I can tell you what we did with a flight out of Hong Kong which was also scheduled for a little after midnight.

We actually left the ship the evening before rather than early the next morning.  It worked really well as we did not need to put our luggage out the previous evening.  We spent the day sightseeing in HK although cut it a bit short, finished packing, showered and changed for the journey,then headed to the MDR the moment they opened the doors,carried off our own luggage to the taxi we had pre-ordered to take us to the airport, checked in and off we went.  All we missed was one last sleep, but we had our luggage until the last minute, and were not off the ship at "silly o'clock" the next morning with many hours to wait with luggage in hot and humid HK before we could go to the airport.

I guess what I am suggesting is that, IF your ship is overnighting, you could consider doing the same.

My apologies as I remembered too late to edit the above post, that you would need to check with your cruiseline if they would allow this, and they may also be able to advise if the local Peruvian immigration  authorities would also allow this.

Edited by edinburgher

What we did for our almost midnight flight out of Rio......

I found a private  guide. He picked us up after breakfast with our luggage.  He had a friend at one of the big hotels in Rio who held it for us. We toured all day. He took us (as requested) to a wonderful local restaurant.  Picked up our luggage from where it was being held and drove us to the airport.  

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 4:33 AM, Mrs f. said:

What we did for our almost midnight flight out of Rio......

I found a private  guide. He picked us up after breakfast with our luggage.  He had a friend at one of the big hotels in Rio who held it for us. We toured all day. He took us (as requested) to a wonderful local restaurant.  Picked up our luggage from where it was being held and drove us to the airport.  

This is exactly what we are looking for in Rio - could you mention the contact info for the guide? Thanks!

On 6/24/2022 at 5:46 PM, truedesigngirl said:

This is exactly what we are looking for in Rio - could you mention the contact info for the guide? Thanks!

I have all his info....need to get into my notes....hopefully  tomorrow.   We used him for 2 days since our ship, Marina, overnighted in Rio. We found another couple through roll call and split the already reasonable  cost. Saw so much in 2 days.  We still keep in touch. This pandemic has been terrible for all the guides.  Btw....I walk well but had 2 knee  replacements.  The lady at United checking convinced me to get a wheelchair and then golf cart.  Best decision  ever. Extremely  long walk to our gate. More later

On 6/26/2022 at 12:01 PM, Mrs f. said:

I have all his info....need to get into my notes....hopefully  tomorrow.   We used him for 2 days since our ship, Marina, overnighted in Rio. We found another couple through roll call and split the already reasonable  cost. Saw so much in 2 days.  We still keep in touch. This pandemic has been terrible for all the guides.  Btw....I walk well but had 2 knee  replacements.  The lady at United checking convinced me to get a wheelchair and then golf cart.  Best decision  ever. Extremely  long walk to our gate. More later

His name is Augusto (Gus) Guimaraes.

gusguide@hotmail.com

From Miriam