Laundry Question

kym05

I will be cruising with family on the seaside in August, Any one know if they leave a scent on the clothing after its laundered, My mother is allergic, and cant smell any type of Scent on her clothing? Thanks

14 hours ago, kym05 said:

I will be cruising with family on the seaside in August, Any one know if they leave a scent on the clothing after its laundered, My mother is allergic, and cant smell any type of Scent on her clothing? Thanks

All of the laundry I had done on the ship came back with absolutely no scent. Be aware that they seem to wash the clothes in blazing hot water, so shrinkage is an issue. 

4 hours ago, ddlb said:

What about that 19 that’s what I booked 19038 on the seashore. 

3 hours ago, cherylnj said:

All of the laundry I had done on the ship came back with absolutely no scent. Be aware that they seem to wash the clothes in blazing hot water, so shrinkage is an issue. 

I had heard this too but always requested warm wash and not a hot wash.  Everything comes back clean and no shrinkage for us!

Yeah! the laundry shrunk my cloths!!!

Not an issue with the buffet, MDR, bars, pizza late night, nor the gelato nor Venchi...

always the laundry and that darn hot water! 

Cheers, enjoy your cruise...

Never any smells with MSC laundry and I'm sensitive as well. 

• Haha 4

Can anyone tell me how much MSC charges for laundry? We'll be on the Meriviglia and we're sailing out of NY in 2023 (11 nights). It talks about laundry on the website; however, I can't find any information at all about the pricing. This is only my third cruise ever and I've never used the laundry before, so I have no idea what the expect. Thanks!

22 minutes ago, CTGirl74 said:

Can anyone tell me how much MSC charges for laundry? We'll be on the Meriviglia and we're sailing out of NY in 2023 (11 nights). It talks about laundry on the website; however, I can't find any information at all about the pricing. This is only my third cruise ever and I've never used the laundry before, so I have no idea what the expect. Thanks!

If you log into your booking you will see the prices, however since you are well over a year out that info might not be available yet.  For an 11 night your best bet will be to purchase a 20 or 40 piece package. Sending items out individually is incredibly expensive.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

If you log into your booking you will see the prices, however since you are well over a year out that info might not be available yet.  For an 11 night your best bet will be to purchase a 20 or 40 piece package. Sending items out individually is incredibly expensive.

Thanks! Yes, it seems as though it's unavailable right now. I logged in and there's no option for laundry. I'll wait. I think I'm just a bit overexcited at the prospect of this cruise. 🙂 

Packages are for 10 , 20 or 40 pieces.

We find one 40 piece works for us.

Back Home Clean 10 pieces.

• Price:$ 28 Per package 
  • Add to my cruise 
LAU020N.jpg
See details
BACK HOME CLEAN - 20 PIECES
  • Price:$ 38 Per package 
  • Add to my cruise 
LAU040N.jpg
See details
BACK HOME CLEAN - 40 PIECES
  • Price:$ 49 Per package
Edited by phissy
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

$25 for all you can stuff into their bag.  For diamond members.  I think it is free for pineapples. 

Please disregard this post.  I was on the wrong board,  whoops

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:00 PM, joeyancho said:

$25 for all you can stuff into their bag.  For diamond members.  I think it is free for pineapples. 

Laundry is one benefit some other cruise lines offer elites.
NCL does give a bag of laundry as a perk.

MSC does not offer any laundry perks, either with Diamond status or staying in a Royal Suite.

We did not mind spending for 1 laundry package for our cruises in YC.
We do not feel like we are getting “nickel and dime” like we do in NCL Haven.

We get almost all we request without issue. 

• Like 2