Mountain Top vs Paradise Point

BarnCat1

We are thinking that Mountain Top might be the better choice since they also stop at other viewpoints.  Any opinions from those that may have gone to both?  

Also, if time allows, is it worth it to take a cab to Charlotte Amalie?  

1) By “they” are you referring to a shared tour? Then yes, the cruise line and the independent shared tours do typically include MT, the scenic overlook on Skyline Dr, and Drake’s Seat before dropping you in town or spending an hour or two at a beach like Magens Bay. If you don’t mind being in a group shared tours are an inexpensive way to see those highlights. Obviously a private tour is even better.

2) If you are looking for shopping then yes, CA is your target for sure. Again, many shared tours will drop you in CA after. Otherwise yes, you would taxi in if interested in seeing some of the history and shopping.

If docked at Havensight you can just shop there, but you will not get the feel of old Charlotte Amalie. And of course Paradise Point tram is right across from Havensight…

If you want to share your ship and date that would show where you will dock…

4 hours ago, blue_water said:

1) By “they” are you referring to a shared tour? Then yes, the cruise line and the independent shared tours do typically include MT, the scenic overlook on Skyline Dr, and Drake’s Seat before dropping you in town or spending an hour or two at a beach like Magens Bay. If you don’t mind being in a group shared tours are an inexpensive way to see those highlights. Obviously a private tour is even better.

2) If you are looking for shopping then yes, CA is your target for sure. Again, many shared tours will drop you in CA after. Otherwise yes, you would taxi in if interested in seeing some of the history and shopping.

If docked at Havensight you can just shop there, but you will not get the feel of old Charlotte Amalie. And of course Paradise Point tram is right across from Havensight…

If you want to share your ship and date that would show where you will dock…

We're docking at Havensight.  Most of us are more interested in views and history as opposed to shopping.  "They" would be a shared tour, but I can certainly look into other options. I do know we can walk right to the skyride from the dock, just not sure that's the best option for views or history.  

I would say if you go to BlackBeard's Castle, Climb the steps, and stop at Emancipation Park and the St. Thomas Historical Trust Museum you'll cover a lot of history. All are relatively easy to get to from Havensight.  There used to be a trolley from the pier to downtown.  Plus you can then walk around to the various shops and cafes.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

We're docking at Havensight.  Most of us are more interested in views and history as opposed to shopping.  "They" would be a shared tour, but I can certainly look into other options. I do know we can walk right to the skyride from the dock, just not sure that's the best option for views or history.  

That info helps a lot! 😄

Yes as crewsweeper noted you can cover the historical highlights on a walking tour just off the main shopping area of CA (after taxiing into town). However since you want views I’d suggest first taking a shared tour that includes MT, Skyline overlook, and Drake’s Seat. Then maybe take the walking tour that crewsweeper offered. The popular shared tours are cookie cutter in nature of course, but they serve that purpose well…

• Like 2