Dance Hosts Back on Cunard?

BQEC

There were no dance hosts on QM2 at the end of May when we were on board.  I guess that the risks of a dance host being in close proximity with multiple partners during an activity that is moderate exercise may be deemed still to much risk of potential transmission of Covid at the current time. Groups of friends who danced with each other seemed to be accepted though so the best bet if you are single might be to see if you can join a group in the Queen's Room and see if someone is happy to dance with you.  Of course asking Cunard directly would also be worth it to get the latest plans from them ahead of a planned or booked cruise.

• 2 months later...

I'm informed Cunard has ordered two hosts for the QM2 World Cruise. (If you're not aware, they don't work for Cunard, they're provided by an agency). Nothing about any other cruises.

On a somewhat related topic, I've received the 2023 brochure, which purports to have a picture of the Queen Anne dance floor (if you look closely, it is a "rendering"). It seems to be no more than half the size of the other ships. I'm guessing dancing won't be much of a priority when it eventually enters service.

4 hours ago, Dancer Bob said:

I'm informed Cunard has ordered two hosts for the QM2 World Cruise. (If you're not aware, they don't work for Cunard, they're provided by an agency). Nothing about any other cruises.

On a somewhat related topic, I've received the 2023 brochure, which purports to have a picture of the Queen Anne dance floor (if you look closely, it is a "rendering"). It seems to be no more than half the size of the other ships. I'm guessing dancing won't be much of a priority when it eventually enters service.

Either the passenger count for the QM2 2023 world cruise in the form of solo ladies is almost zero or Cunard is going the cheap route. On pre-covid TAs of 7 days they had 6 Gentlemen Hosts and on former world cruises they had 8.

11 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Either the passenger count for the QM2 2023 world cruise in the form of solo ladies is almost zero or Cunard is going the cheap route. On pre-covid TAs of 7 days they had 6 Gentlemen Hosts and on former world cruises they had 8.

Hi!  There is no way 2 dance hosts will be nearly enough especially on the world cruise.  That information has to be wrong.  

Deck Chair.