RECENT LA TO EUROPE EXPERIENCES WITH NCL AIR?

victory2020

Hello. I am looking at booking this Sept to Amsterdam, returning London. w\What itineraries/airlines are you getting? I know there are lots of problems with NCL air but I am traveling solo& it's half the price - I'll be coming in 2 days early with air deviation

You should be fine as the Summer travel season will be over and the numbers of people traveling will be greatly reduced.  I'm also traveling from LA to Barcelona in September and have tried to find this same information, but minimal success.  

If you want an idea of routing, you can go to Expedia and put in the dates and look at what it gives you.  

On 6/17/2022 at 12:46 PM, victory2020 said:

Hello. I am looking at booking this Sept to Amsterdam, returning London. w\What itineraries/airlines are you getting? I know there are lots of problems with NCL air but I am traveling solo& it's half the price - I'll be coming in 2 days early with air deviation

My experiences have found i'm frequently better off with booking myself (also solo traveler) Sometimes not only will i get my choice of flights but I'm in control of my reservation. As a solo with seating assigned just a few weeks before cruise you are likely to get a middle seat, and 3  connections causing extremely long travel time

52 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

My experiences have found i'm frequently better off with booking myself (also solo traveler) Sometimes not only will i get my choice of flights but I'm in control of my reservation. As a solo with seating assigned just a few weeks before cruise you are likely to get a middle seat, and 3  connections causing extremely long travel time

The one time I did their air it worked out well. Seems like from west coast they don't fly you all over the place. Also looks like direct flights are about the same price from London. When I book my own air I don't feel like I'm in control either, haha

Another question regarding flights to Europe; I usually travel with just carry on & bring a folding suitcase in case I want to buy something. Do the airlines NCL use include one checked bag? I have 2 airline credit cars that include bags but am wondering in case  I get a different airline.

Just because you had a direct flight last time is no indication as to what you may receive on a future cruise. NCL is only interested in the cheapest flight possible. There is no real rhyme of reason and just because person X gets a non-stop perfectly timed flight this week has no bearing on what flight they may book you on months from now. Assume that you are going to get the worst flights with connections and lengthy layovers and be pleasantly surprised if you get anything better. 

As far as having an airline credit card I would read the terms and conditions of the card. Many of them limit your ability to check bags on a flight complimentary only if the ticket was purchased using said card. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Another question regarding flights to Europe; I usually travel with just carry on & bring a folding suitcase in case I want to buy something. Do the airlines NCL use include one checked bag? I have 2 airline credit cars that include bags but am wondering in case  I get a different airline.

Baggage is determined by the airline - so far, all of my overseas flights have included at least 1 checked bag, which is pretty standard for international flights.  Flying soon to Stockholm, coming back from Copenhagen.  Both tickets include 1 checked bag.  However, on 5 of the 6 legs it appears that I'm limited to 1 carry-on.  SAS and Iceland air are the limiting factor.

2 hours ago, nolatravelgirl said:

Just because you had a direct flight last time is no indication as to what you may receive on a future cruise. NCL is only interested in the cheapest flight possible. There is no real rhyme of reason and just because person X gets a non-stop perfectly timed flight this week has no bearing on what flight they may book you on months from now. Assume that you are going to get the worst flights with connections and lengthy layovers and be pleasantly surprised if you get anything better. 

As far as having an airline credit card I would read the terms and conditions of the card. Many of them limit your ability to check bags on a flight complimentary only if the ticket was purchased using said card. 

With all the problems that AMS and LHR have been having a lengthy layover might not be a bad thing.  AMS had a 6 hour wait time to get through security.