Specialty Dining Reservations

jkbec101

I learned something when making our specialty dining reservations that I thought was odd, but I thought I would share with all.

If you have the free at sea, where you get 2 free dinners at the specialty restaurants, the free tag applies to the first two reservations, regardless of the date. 

I made the reservations in this order:

La Cucina - Night 6

Cagney's - 2nd night

Teppanyaki - 1st night

Even though Teppanyaki is the first restaurant reservation, the system tried to charge us.  However, when I cancelled everything and rebooked the reservations in the following order, we were not charged:

Teppanyaki

Cagney's

La Cucina

Now we know that when we go to La Cucina on night 6, we'll have to pay for it, which we're fine with.  

I think it might be a glitch in the system, maybe not, but I wanted to share what we learned and how we handled it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jkbec101 said:

I learned something when making our specialty dining reservations that I thought was odd, but I thought I would share with all.

If you have the free at sea, where you get 2 free dinners at the specialty restaurants, the free tag applies to the first two reservations, regardless of the date. 

I made the reservations in this order:

La Cucina - Night 6

Cagney's - 2nd night

Teppanyaki - 1st night

Even though Teppanyaki is the first restaurant reservation, the system tried to charge us.  However, when I cancelled everything and rebooked the reservations in the following order, we were not charged:

Teppanyaki

Cagney's

La Cucina

Now we know that when we go to La Cucina on night 6, we'll have to pay for it, which we're fine with.  

I think it might be a glitch in the system, maybe not, but I wanted to share what we learned and how we handled it.

Yes, this is how it has always been. See the link in my signature for more details (it needs a few updates).

Just one thing I would mention. Regardless of which order you reserved the meals you can still choose which one you pay for and which ones are covered by your package. Just let them know when you turn up how you will be paying.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, jkbec101 said:

Teppanyaki

Cagney's

La Cucina

Yup, I've suggested booking specialty venues in this way (cover charge before a-la-carte) in the past for this very reason...

• 2 weeks later...